KAUST applicants - Spring 2016

Lindsay1986

Good luck to everyone who wish to attend KAUST in 2016, Here we can shear our questions about the acceptance , update or anything related ..

I applied for MS Applied Math.  I wish if I could know any information a bout the academic interview. 

Edited by Lindsay1986

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Debin

Did you have the faculty interview before applying?

Moreover, if they informed you that the specialization within the Bioscience Program have been changed to either cell and molecular biology ;; and Biological Engineering..and asked you to choose one of them?

and Did you think if one has applied without previously taking acceptance from any professors will be rejected?

Best Regards

Hey DBIN,

No news as of yet, but POI told me to expect Oct-Nov.

Also Shaky, I think for MS a POI is not necessary, but for MS/PhD or PhD you need to have a faculty sponsor. I read this on the website, but you should verify with admissions.

Hi Ardevara,

The academic interview will be with your professor, so it really depends on the professor. You should have an idea about his research. If successful, he should recommend you for personal interview with admissions.

Best Regards

Hi Ardevara,

The academic interview will be with your professor, so it really depends on the professor. You should have an idea about his research. If successful, he should recommend you for personal interview with admissions.

Best Regards

Thanks JDeane,

Do you know when they will finally announce the results since the academic year for Spring 2016 will start in Jan 2016?

Latest by 2nd week of November. In order to start in January, you have to be there by Dec 2015. I have got this Information from current Student at KAUST. They make sure that you are there 2 weeks in advance to participate in orientation week. 

Thanks

I heard that there will be two interviews, academic and personal interviews. I assume that the time gap between those interviews is one week, and there will be one week notification prior to the interview. Therefore, if I do not hear anything about the interviews in two weeks, it means bad news for my application, right?

Guys, sorry for this question, but can I know why you had applied to KAUST?

I mean, I have my reasons, but I just want to know why others want KAUST, even that it is still new university comparing to other universities.

Let's say that you get an approval from a high rank university, which one do you select?

Hey Kayos,

I have submitted my application without TOEFL after my academic interview. The admissions department has asked me to submit TOEFL score. online. Therefore, I have taken the TOEFL and put 4107 code for sending my score. You can surely apply without TOEFL. This is also metioned on the application homepage.

thanks DBIN for your response. 

I'd also like to inquire when you took your academic interview and whether you're applying for the Spring 2016 semester .

Thanks again please. 

Hey all,

I have applied for spring 2016 semester and had an interview with the supervisor and he sent me an e-mail of acceptance that was early in September and told me that there will be an interview with the HR. Till now I didn't hear anything back from the University, so i wonder if any of you have the same situation. 

Hey people!

I'm from Uganda applying to KAUST however, I'm having issues accomplishing the English Proficiency test due to financial constraints. Any help rendered is much appreciated. 

Anyone willing to help me out please PM me. 

May God bless you all. 

Guys, sorry for this question, but can I know why you had applied to KAUST?

I mean, I have my reasons, but I just want to know why others want KAUST, even that it is still new university comparing to other universities.

Let's say that you get an approval from a high rank university, which one do you select?

I have a number of reasons...

-My professor is world renowned in my field

-Great resources for research and studying

-Close to haramyn

- Noble vision and purpose of or KAUST to reestablish scientific presence in middle east

- Excitement of new program rather than program locked in steady state

I had an interview with a professor before applying at KAUST for MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering. Interview went well and he agreed to sponsor. No news about personal interview yet. (May be because I haven't submitted my IELTS scores yet...waiting for result)

As for admissions, I don't think the session will be starting in Jan 2016. I talked to student at KAUST and he said it takes around a year from application to joining.

I had an interview with a professor before applying at KAUST for MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering. Interview went well and he agreed to sponsor. No news about personal interview yet. (May be because I haven't submitted my IELTS scores yet...waiting for result)

As for admissions, I don't think the session will be starting in Jan 2016. I talked to student at KAUST and he said it takes around a year from application to joining.

See following link, 'http://www.kaust.edu.sa/academic-calendar.html'. The academic year for Spring 2016 will start on Jan 24, 2016. 

Yes, I think the on-boarding process is faster than that. And HR interviewers did not mention anything about forwarding my application to Fall. Maybe that was that particular student's experience, ???