KAUST applicants - Spring 2016

Lindsay1986

Hey Everybody,

Have any of you been contacting admissions inquiring about decision timeline? Why don't we all flood admissions with email inquiries, maybe that will get process moving.... Haha I emailed them like 10 days ago, but just told me application is still under review.

Edited by JDeane

Haha JDeane that's quite an idea.. 

I've however contacted them and they also told me the same. They also told me interviews will be in November. I assume therefore that we'll get the verdict by the end of this week. 

Best wishes to us all. 

Abohammed,

I know what you mean, but don't worry too much about it. There is plenty of universities and we will all be placed at where is best for us insha Allah.

However, I would like KAUST to move faster, even if rejection. It is nice to just know and move forward!!

No I have not contacted any professor.In the application form I just mentioned the names of the faculty that I want to work with.I dont know if we have contact them personally.Should I contact them.Can you guide me please.

Have you contacted your candidate professor?

No I have not contacted any professor.In the application form I just mentioned the names of the faculty that I want to work with.I dont know if we have contact them personally.Should I contact them.Can you guide me please.

Hi guys!

I have been contacted yesterday by the POI for the Academic Interview. The interview is scheduled tomorrow.

In the e-mail he just told me that I have been selected by the academic committee for this interview and it needs to be done as soon as possible. 

I will update here after the interview.

See you guys !!

Are you applying for PhD program? IMHO, it's better to contact a professor first if that's the case.

Hi guys!

I have been contacted yesterday by the POI for the Academic Interview. The interview is scheduled tomorrow.

In the e-mail he just told me that I have been selected by the academic committee for this interview and it needs to be done as soon as possible. 

I will update here after the interview.

See you guys !!

Congratulations! I wish you luck with your interview. Looking forward to hearing the update from you.

Have you submitted your IELTS score?

Yes, I've submitted my IELTS score. They said your application is still under review. I asked the professor who took my academic interview, he says HR interviews will start in early November.

On 10/31/2015, 3:27:55, Ardevara said:

Are you applying for PhD program? IMHO, it's better to contact a professor first if that's the case.

Yes I have applied for the Ph.D program.should I contact them now.

5 hours ago, UET_Applicant said:

I have given the academic interview on 28th oct, but no response till now

Who took your interview? And you are from UET Lahore? Which session

Hello guys. 

Sorry I was a little bit busy. The academic interview went very well.

The POI asked me some questions about my research experience and background. The duration was 30 min. He told me that HR will contact me in 2 weeks maybe.

I am applying for PhD program

Edited by redmef

4 hours ago, Asad Ali said:

Who took your interview? And you are from UET Lahore? Which session

I am from UET Taxila, a professor of EE took my interview for 30 min. it was all about my academic background and research experience along with some technical questions.

Guys,

Did you know anyone who had been accepted in KAUST before without doing an interview.........

Till now, I didn't get any chance for an interview, even that I believe my profile is strong enough to be evaluated.....

30 minutes ago, abohammed said:

Guys,

Did you know anyone who had been accepted in KAUST before without doing an interview.........

Till now, I didn't get any chance for an interview, even that I believe my profile is strong enough to be evaluated.....

My friend was rejected two years ago without having any interview. I had another friend who were accepted last year. He didn't hear any news about his interview at that time for a few months. Then, he decided to contact his candidate professor directly. After that his professor helped him regarding his application, such as his professor followed up his application to the admission team. Therefore, I suggest you to contact your candidate professor. I hope this can help you.

Edited by Ardevara
grammatical error