SOPHAS problems

J. R., MPPA

Anybody else have a problem getting transcripts to SOPHAS?

I have four sets I need to send to them.  Three out of the four have arrived but one has been sent twice now (i verified correct address) and it has yet to arrive.  This has gone on for three weeks now.  I sent the first set three weeks ago and the second last week.

The funny thing is that non-SOPHAS schools have received this transcripts within days of me ordering it.

grrrr

I had a similar problem - it turns out my SSN was wrong in my undergrad university's system. I'm having to jump through hoops to get them to fix it before I can try to send it to SOPHAS again. I sent the transcript to SOPHAS a month ago. I know that it definitely arrived, because I ordered one to myself and got it two days later. You would think that they would have at least tried to process it, given that the SSN error was one number off, and I put my SOPHAS ID number in the address.

-_____-

Now I have a new problem! One of my transcripts came from a community college district and shows all coursework from the different campuses, but SOPHAS says it received transcripts for one of those campuses, which is impossible.  I have sent help a message.  I've submitted but obviously can't be considered complete until these are all credited correctly.  Sigh.  My first deadline is December 1.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was fun (not really) but it ended up working out really well.  SOPHAS received my transcripts and I made my Nov. 15th deadline for one my applications.

Almost didn't make it.. but it all worked out!

12 hours ago, J. R., MPPA said:

Well that was fun (not really) but it ended up working out really well.  SOPHAS received my transcripts and I made my Nov. 15th deadline for one my applications.

Almost didn't make it.. but it all worked out!

Yay -- I'm glad it's all sorted. 

Good luck!

11 hours ago, arspring99 said:

I'm in the same boat! I submitted transcripts and am trying to make a December 1st deadline (1st of two...top school that I want) but I'm worried things aren't going to work out as well as I hope.

Well, I forgot to mention that after receiving my transcripts, my application was kicked back due to an entry error on one of them.  The problem was that the transcript was very non-traditional (as in there were no actual "terms") and the first person at SOPHAS that advised me on how to enter the information disagreed with the person that actually reviewed my transcript.  Anyways.. that day I fixed the problem and resubmitted.  The next morning everything was verified and off it went.  This was the 14th.. the due date for one of my applications was the 15th.

In a nutshell.. SOPHAS does work rather quickly (it seems) and also the school with the Nov. 15th deadline assured me that as long as I paid prior to that deadline, even if SOPHAS didn't complete verification by then that they would still consider the application turned in by the deadline.  (Georgia State)

Edited by J. R., MPPA
Included name of school

Are anyone else's recommenders having trouble receiving the SOPHAS email? I sent the requests at the beginning of the month and only 1 received it.  I am so frustrated with SOPHAS. There is a problem or complication with every single little thing. They finally received my transcript though.

32 minutes ago, cb1214 said:

Are anyone else's recommenders having trouble receiving the SOPHAS email? I sent the requests at the beginning of the month and only 1 received it.  I am so frustrated with SOPHAS. There is a problem or complication with every single little thing. They finally received my transcript though.

Do your letter writers have some sort of email filter on?  SOPHAS sends the email immediately after you "push the button."

On 11/19/2015, 2:32:31, cb1214 said:

I had this issue. Come to find out the emails were going to their spam/junk folders. Two of my recommenders had that issue. 

• 4 weeks later...

I too suggest calling them. The person I spoke to on the phone was very nice, efficient, and accommodating. I hate making phone calls and dreaded it, but they were nice. I did wait on hold for some time, though.