PhD: Fall 2010

ridgey

Hey, just thought I'd start a general thread to see who is around. Where's everyone applying? In what fields?

I'm definitely applying to Yale in Health Policy, Columbia's Sociomedical Sciences, and York U (in Canada) in Health Policy and Equity, as well as a couple each of political science and public policy. I'm toying with the idea of adding some combination of Minnesotta, Emory, Illinois-Chicago and Iowa and a couple of obscure programmes at CU Denver and Arizona State. If I weren't an international student, I would also apply to UToronto, Berkely and UT Houston.

Et tu?

Hey, just thought I'd start a general thread to see who is around. Where's everyone applying? In what fields?

I'm definitely applying to Yale in Health Policy, Columbia's Sociomedical Sciences, and York U (in Canada) in Health Policy and Equity, as well as a couple each of political science and public policy. I'm toying with the idea of adding some combination of Minnesotta, Emory, Illinois-Chicago and Iowa and a couple of obscure programmes at CU Denver and Arizona State. If I weren't an international student, I would also apply to UToronto, Berkely and UT Houston.

Et tu?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm applying to Harvard for Social Determinants (ScD program). And... that's it. I'm limited geographically and after speaking with Brown, BU, and UMass Amherst, I decided to just stick with Harvard. I'd rather not get in anywhere than do four years with a program that doesn't match my interests.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I applied to Harvard SD (Society, Health, & Human Development) program, UM HBHE, UNC HBHE, Tulane, and Columbia Sociomedical. Let me know when you guys start hearing! and good luck

Hi...I've also applied to the Harvard SD in SHDH and the Columbia SMS program, as well as the Bloomberg SPH PhD in Health, Behavior, & Society. I found out last week that I've been accepted to UNC HBHE, but I don't know about funding yet.

Hi...I've also applied to the Harvard SD in SHDH and the Columbia SMS program, as well as the Bloomberg SPH PhD in Health, behavior, & Society. I found out last week that I've been accepted to UNC HBHE, but I don't know about funding yet.

Congrats on UNC HBHE! How did you hear? Letter, email, phone? Lucky you know something so far -- I haven't heard anything!

Congrats on UNC HBHE! How did you hear? Letter, email, phone? Lucky you know something so far -- I haven't heard anything!

Thanks...I feel fortunate to have heard early. I got an old-timey letter in the mail informing me of the acceptance. I don't have a masters degree so I was accepted into the MSPH-to-PhD program. It's possible that's a factor in my early notice. Waiting for the rest though is torture!

I'm applying for a DrPH ~ is it OK if I crash this thread? :)

I only applied to U of Arizona. My focus is on border health/migration, so the dept. research and geography are perfect for my interests! Just hoping everything works out...this wait is absolutely killing me.

I'm applying for a DrPH ~ is it OK if I crash this thread? :)

I only applied to U of Arizona. My focus is on border health/migration, so the dept. research and geography are perfect for my interests! Just hoping everything works out...this wait is absolutely killing me.

Join the party! I hope you get into your school........the wait is horrible. I am still waiting for two (Harvard, Michigan). My focus is the impact of information technology and policy on quality of healthcare. The harvard guys are the best of the three in this, but hopkins is my second choice, and I cannot complain.

Join the party! I hope you get into your school........the wait is horrible. I am still waiting for two (Harvard, Michigan). My focus is the impact of information technology and policy on quality of healthcare. The harvard guys are the best of the three in this, but hopkins is my second choice, and I cannot complain.

Congrats on your acceptance to Hopkins by the way!!

I applied to Harvard SD (Society, Health, & Human Development) program, UM HBHE, UNC HBHE, Tulane, and Columbia Sociomedical. Let me know when you guys start hearing! and good luck

Hi everyone,

I applied to Harvard SHDH, UNC HBH, Tulane, Hopkins, Emory BSHE, USC (health behavior research). SO far in at Emory (w/funding) and Hopkins (International Health, no word on funding yet). Had a phone interview with Tulane a couple of weeks ago, but no decision yet.

Good luck!

H

Congrats to the UNC and Hopkins folks!

I applied to the Social Determinants program at Harvard and SMS at Columbia. I haven't heard anything yet. I'm a second year MPH student at Emory (BSHE) now and word on the street is they sent out acceptances last week. That may have just been the first round of acceptances, though.

Did anoyone email professors during this process? If so, how did it go?

Best of luck to everyone!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard from Columbia's Sociomedical program or Harvard's Health Policy?

I'm waiting on those 2 programs too, well, Harvard SHDH, but not a word. I heard that Columbia will hopefully make decisions in the next few weeks and someone in another forum said that Harvard is notifying applications to SHDH within the next week or so. We'll see.

Good luck

I'm waiting on those 2 programs too, well, Harvard SHDH, but not a word. I heard that Columbia will hopefully make decisions in the next few weeks and someone in another forum said that Harvard is notifying applications to SHDH within the next week or so. We'll see.

Good luck

Good luck to you as well. :)

Good luck

I am waiting on sociomedical sciences at Columbia too. When I spoke with the coordinator she said that the decisions will be coming by March 1st.