When will you have all your applications in (POLL)?

pea-jay

When will your applications be completed and submitted?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. When do expect to have your applications completed and turned in?

• By October 31, 2009
    • By November 30, 2009
    • By December 31, 2009
    • By January 31, 2010
    • By February 28, 2010
    • After March 1, 2010

So there has been much discussion on when applications will be going in and what, here is a poll question which you can elaborate on if you want. When will your applications be in by? First one?

Personally, I am shooting to have my NYU one done be December and the rest in by early January.

I have 3 portfolios to submit, but all applications have been submitted online. I just need to request my transcripts to be sent, which I will probably do some time this week.

all my apps are actually in but one. that columbia app is a pain. the big thing is ordering my score reports -- ETS somehow split my file? so i am getting that straight -- and getting my LORs in. everything will be off my desk AND mind by Dec 15! i can't take it anymore.

I have one application that does not open until November. All of my other applications are completely finished. My letter writers were really prompt and sent everything in quickly. I wanted everything to be done quickly and it looks like that worked out well.

Edited by acup313

So far it's just my writing sample that's holding up the bunch. I'm still finishing my thesis and hoping to use a portion of it, but it will be done by Dec. 12th, which is my first deadline. I'm working on my SOPs and have 1 recommender who I know will wait until the last second (argh!)

I can't wait to be finished with these!

all my apps are actually in but one. that columbia app is a pain. the big thing is ordering my score reports -- ETS somehow split my file? so i am getting that straight -- and getting my LORs in. everything will be off my desk AND mind by Dec 15! i can't take it anymore.

ETS split my file too! Are you having any luck with them getting them to fix it? I was told that because I put my middle name blank for one(general) and put an initial for the other(subject) they can't do anything. ARGH, you'd think they could do something about it...they just say, "your fault."

I've finished and submitted all of my applications (ten schools in total), and am now waiting for two out of my three LoR writers to submit their letters (one professor has already submitted all of them, so I'm waiting for the others :-/). Transcripts and everything are already sent out; I'm just hoping it works to my advantage from rolling admissions.

My deadlines range from December 1 to March 1. My December 1 application has been in for a while and I hope to get my first January app in by the end of this week. I'm pretty much working on each application in order according to deadline but I imagine that they'll all go faster once I have the first few out of the way. The very latest I'd plan to have everything in everywhere would be January 31 for the March 1 deadlines.

I have no idea. I have yet to write the final draft of my SOP, or to edit/choose my writing sample. I also need to request transcripts. So many things to do, I can't imagine what it must have been like before online applications! I have also yet to send in my GRE scores, except to the 4 universities I selected on the test day. Does anyone know how long it takes for ETS to send these out to universities? I took the test at the very beginning of October, and my scores were apparently sent out in the mail 2 weeks ago (overseas mail, not sure how long it will take). I will only be having my scores sent to American universities, so I doubt it will take as long to mail, but I want to receive my scores and the necessary info before I request to have scores sent!

I have also yet to send in my GRE scores, except to the 4 universities I selected on the test day. Does anyone know how long it takes for ETS to send these out to universities? I took the test at the very beginning of October, and my scores were apparently sent out in the mail 2 weeks ago (overseas mail, not sure how long it will take). I will only be having my scores sent to American universities, so I doubt it will take as long to mail, but I want to receive my scores and the necessary info before I request to have scores sent!

I just ordered my GRE scores today (had to do it by phone because their website sucks!) and they said they send out scores 5 business days after they're ordered, UNLESS the school they're being sent to chooses to receive scores via CD-ROM, in which case scores are sent twice a month.

The real question is: how close is everyone cutting it? For the schools with the early deadlines, I'll be submitting in the last hours. The Feb deadline, though, will be a couple of months early.

I'm hoping I will not be cutting it close...my deadlines are Feb 1, Feb 15, and March 31. My goal is to have all of them done by the end of Dec or the beginning of Jan. Since I still have time to complete everything, I should have them done. But with family health issues, commuting, and finals coming up, you never know.

I am applying to two schools with "preferred" deadlines in early January, and two with rolling admissions (but I plan to get these done at the same time so I can apply offers from all four schools at once). I have set the end of December/first days in January as my push to get it all in date. I'd like to submit a week or so before the deadline, if I can manage, just in case there are any technical problems.

I was finished with everything (minus one transcript that was "lost in the mail" twice already).

Then, I went and had a change of heart and decided to apply to a 5th program. They have a late application date (January 15, I think), but I feel like a nuisance for asking 3 recommenders for yet another letter. It's worth it though... I was really silly for leaving out this particular prospective school.