Fall 2016 Acceptances, Interviews, and Rejections Thread

gingin6789

2 minutes ago, goofylemon said:

*****hugs***** I am rejected too, and Wisc is my dream program. To me, I think UW Madison is #1 in terms of fit. I really really cannot accept what was happened, and I decided to call them after my class is over.

But for real...how are you getting rejected with your 167/170......I am confused....

25 minutes ago, nowayjose said:

But for real...how are you getting rejected with your 167/170......I am confused....

Application decisions are not made solely out of GRE scores.

I suspected if I was filtered out in the first cut for the low undergrad GPA.

My GRE has no problem, except a 4.5 AWA (which is not low at all).

Well I have to say my apps have flaws like these, but honestly, are Wisc admits all perfect?

I don't understand...

Edited by goofylemon

1 minute ago, nowayjose said:

On mobile n cant see goofy's signature but 167/170!!! Thts really impressive. 

What can we say...grad sch admission is absolutely arbitrary. Dun read too much into it n hope for an acceptance from a sch that fits u better! 

1 minute ago, redhillgirl said:

On mobile n cant see goofy's signature but 167/170!!! Thts really impressive. 

What can we say...grad sch admission is absolutely arbitrary. Dun read too much into it n hope for an acceptance from a sch that fits u better! 

@redhillgirl        This is just making me cry... I don't have a school of better fits. That single dream program has gone, forever.  I don't like to be seemed broken over the Internet. However, I am really, really sad now.

Just now, goofylemon said:

@redhillgirl        This is just making me cry... I don't have a school of better fits. That single dream program has gone, forever.  I don't like to be seemed broken over the Internet. However, I am really, really sad now.

Omg i didnt mean to make u sad...was trying to comfort u >< i guess im just awkward with words....

What im trying to say is u dun want a sch that doesnt feel like they need ur expertise n passion. And theres always next yr if ur mind is set on madison. If u r determined i guess everything else is just noise (my math nerd bf told me that n i found it useful) . Pls dun cry....hugzzzzz

1 minute ago, goofylemon said:

:( I am at work now (teaching), with a lot of things I should be doing, but I can't stop my body from mildly shaking... as if I haven't really let myself feel all those feelings. But no matter what happens with the rest of our applications, the dream is not gone forever. You and I both have more schools to hear from and all hope is not lost. I'm preparing myself for the possibility of getting rejected from everywhere and having to try again next year, but I am still hoping that someone on some admissions committee will see something promising in my file. You just never know. *hugs*

1 minute ago, redhillgirl said:

Omg i didnt mean to make u sad...was trying to comfort u >< i guess im just awkward with words....

What im trying to say is u dun want a sch that doesnt feel like they need ur expertise n passion. And theres always next yr if ur mind is set on madison. If u r determined i guess everything else is just noise (my math nerd bf told me that n i found it useful) . Pls dun cry....hugzzzzz

******hand you your favorite drink****** No worries. @redhillgirl      Sorry for making you feel guilty about this. I did not mean to make you feel like this. >,<.

I really appreciate your words "What im trying to say is u dun want a sch that doesnt feel like they need ur expertise n passion". I was just so sad because I placed Wisc on top of my list really just because it is a perfect match. I think once I get my offers on hand, I will not reapply to Wisc. Ok, no more tears now. I really wish you good luck on your Wisc apps. 

1 minute ago, goofylemon said:

******hand you your favorite drink****** No worries. @redhillgirl      Sorry for making you feel guilty about this. I did not mean to make you feel like this. >,<.

I really appreciate your words "What im trying to say is u dun want a sch that doesnt feel like they need ur expertise n passion". I was just so sad because I placed Wisc on top of my list really just because it is a perfect match. I think once I get my offers on hand, I will not reapply to Wisc. Ok, no more tears now. I really wish you good luck on your Wisc apps. 

No worries...glad i cud help (a little bit). Wisc is one of my top choices as well and if i get rejected i will be just as devastated. Will rely on u guys to gimme cyber hugs then. What other schs r u applying to n whts ur interest? Sorry cant see signatures on mobile. 

3 minutes ago, HopefulSocPhD said:

:( I am at work now (teaching), with a lot of things I should be doing, but I can't stop my body from mildly shaking... as if I haven't really let myself feel all those feelings. But no matter what happens with the rest of our applications, the dream is not gone forever. You and I both have more schools to hear from and all hope is not lost. I'm preparing myself for the possibility of getting rejected from everywhere and having to try again next year, but I am still hoping that someone on some admissions committee will see something promising in my file. You just never know. *hugs*

****hugs**** I know how it feel. Based on the research interests shown on your signature, I believe you will get into some really nice programs with stellar fellowship. I would pass down the words from redhillgirl.  Those programs reject you just do not deserve your passion.

2 minutes ago, redhillgirl said:

No worries...glad i cud help (a little bit). Wisc is one of my top choices as well and if i get rejected i will be just as devastated. Will rely on u guys to gimme cyber hugs then. What other schs r u applying to n whts ur interest? Sorry cant see signatures on mobile. 

My top interest is marriage/family (now you see why I am sad). Other interests listed on my CV is criminology, network and spatial/social demography.

Applied (12): UNC-CH, UT-Austin, OSU, Princeton, Yale, Brown, NYU, UW-Seattle, Wisconsin, Maryland-College Park, Penn, UCLA.

Edited by goofylemon

20 minutes ago, goofylemon said:

My top interest is marriage/family (now you see why I am sad). Other interests listed on my CV is criminology, network and spatial/social demography.

Applied (12): UNC-CH, UT-Austin, OSU, Princeton, Yale, Brown, NYU, UW-Seattle, Wisconsin, Maryland-College Park, Penn, UCLA.

Awwww,  i know. You've got a really gd range of schs tho! And we know interests n agendas almost ALWAYS change during grad sch. Whos to say which sch fits best? Im sure u will get sth this round. Dun worry ;) 

3 minutes ago, redhillgirl said:

I think if wisc is notifying via website, my status wont change until at least 7am tomorrow,  correct? Pls someone confirm so i can stop hysterically refreshing that damn page every 2 mins. 

i don't think Wisc. *meant* to notify vie website.. people just checked on their own and found a status update.. Mine also still says pending, so my fingers are crossed tightly- but until people receive official emails or phone calls either way, it's still unknown,..

11 minutes ago, redhillgirl said:

I think if wisc is notifying via website, my status wont change until at least 7am tomorrow,  correct? Pls someone confirm so i can stop hysterically refreshing that damn page every 2 mins. 

The website does state that it is refreshed at 7AM, which is why I checked mine at around 7:30AM when I got up. I wouldn't worry too much about refreshing during the day, as it is unlikely.

Who else is waiting on UCLA? I noticed one rejection on the board this morning, but my app status for UCLA still says, "no decision made at this time..." I wonder what their timeline looks like for notifications. Seems like they spread it out over the last few years, but didn't really accept anyone after the 30th. Perhaps more rejections are forthcoming? Hm...

36 minutes ago, HopefulSocPhD said:

Who else is waiting on UCLA? I noticed one rejection on the board this morning, but my app status for UCLA still says, "no decision made at this time..." I wonder what their timeline looks like for notifications. Seems like they spread it out over the last few years, but didn't really accept anyone after the 30th. Perhaps more rejections are forthcoming? Hm...

Question to HopefulSocPhD, what is the site to check for UCLA's status? I couldn't find such a link in the emails they send me. Do you mind posting it here? Thank you!!!

1 minute ago, oedipus said:

desperately waiting for princeton

GOOD LUCK! Me too! :)

4 minutes ago, HopefulSocPhD said:

@spicytunarollThis is the website I've used to check my status at UCLA: https://appstatus.grad.ucla.edu/account/login.aspx

thanks! "To date, no decision has been made on your application." eeeeks. is this good or bad news? why is UCLA staggering out their notifications?

Edited by spicytunaroll

17 minutes ago, gingin6789 said:

FULLY FUNDED FREAKING ACCEPTANCE TO DELAWARE!!!!!

GOTTA GO TO A MEETING NOW. SO HAPPY. CAPS LOCK.!!!!!!1111ELEVEN!!!!!

Omg gingin!!! so happy for you!!! Congratzzzz!!! 

Edited by redhillgirl