Fall 2016 Acceptances, Interviews, and Rejections Thread

gingin6789

33 minutes ago, oedipus said:
Just now, gingin6789 said:

ACCEPTED AT DAVIS

INTERVIEW AT RUTGERS

ALLTHIS NEWS CAME IN WITHIN 20 MINUTES OF EACH OTHER

woah we are nearly identical candidates based on stats, experience, interests, and schools applied to.

congrats!

43 minutes ago, spicytunaroll said:

thanks! "To date, no decision has been made on your application." eeeeks. is this good or bad news? why is UCLA staggering out their notifications?

I have the same notification too, hope that this is not a bad sign.. :( 

1 minute ago, lioneironaut said:

CONGRATS YOU GUYS!!! So excited for you :)

Can I ask what the content of the email is like—is it a form letter or more personalized? Funding info in there yet? Has your status changed on their website? (I'm still pending, no emails either)

It's an informal email, dunno if it's personalized but it sounds casual enough. Funding details in formal mail which will come a week later. 

1 minute ago, redhillgirl said:

Omg yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did u check website or got an email? I received an email from Alice Justice, website still says pending

Got the email from Alice Justice. Of course it went to spam folder and was actually sent like 2 hours ago lol.

2 minutes ago, lioneironaut said:

CONGRATS YOU GUYS!!! So excited for you :)

Can I ask what the content of the email is like—is it a form letter or more personalized? Funding info in there yet? Has your status changed on their website? (I'm still pending, no emails either)

It's pretty much a polite form letter I think. It says we will receive letters and more formal communication soon and the visit date.

Just got my Wisc acceptance email ! Great fit with econ. soc. :) very happy! Email was from Alice Justice, signed by Bob Freeland ! No word on funding/fellowships.. Just an invite to visit day in March.

Edited by hazenyc

3 minutes ago, Katastrophe said:

Got the email from Alice Justice. Of course it went to spam folder and was actually sent like 2 hours ago lol.

It's pretty much a polite form letter I think. It says we will receive letters and more formal communication soon and the visit date.

Yet another acceptance for u kata!

Will u go to visit day?

7 hours ago, Shay825 said:

Aha! Here's my competition. Shucks, I was holding out hope that nobody applied to those programs and I'd get in easy-peasy. Way to destroy my dreams @ConsciousSteph! ;)

Haha No way! If anything you are the competition!! Looking at your signature, looks like you'll have your choice. Honestly though would like both of us to get in to all of these together :).

1 minute ago, redhillgirl said:

Yet another acceptance for u kata!

Will u go to visit day?

I think so! I live pretty close so it will be quick trip over :)

Hopefully all us grad café people go. With 4 acceptances here already we will dominate the cohort lol!

7 hours ago, Shay825 said:

Thanks! I'll be diligently posting accepts/rejects as I receive them. Assuming you're a fellow Bostonian?

Awesome so will I. I am not a Bostonian, but close enough. I am from Providence, RI. Looking forward to keeping in touch on here.

BROWN ADMITTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE TO MAKE ALL CAPS.

Contacted by POI and said looking forward to working with me. Funding information has to be waited until it is official.

SO EXCITED!!!

My application ends. Once my offer is official, I will withdraw all other applications!

Just now, goofylemon said:

I HAVE TO MAKE ALL CAPS.

Contacted by POI and said looking forward to working with me. Funding information has to be waited until it is official.

SO EXCITED!!!

My application ends. Once my offer is official, I will withdraw all other applications!

CONGRATS!!!!!! Such a good program!!!! See there was no reason to despair :):)

4 minutes ago, ConsciousSteph said:

Haha No way! If anything you are the competition!! Looking at your signature, looks like you'll have your choice. Honestly though would like both of us to get in to all of these together :).

I'm worried that my Quant score will eliminate me, but trying to be optimistic. Both of us getting in would be awesome! :)

2 minutes ago, goofylemon said:

I HAVE TO MAKE ALL CAPS.

SO EXCITED!!!

your top choice is brown? selfishly not complaining if you withdraw that yale app.