What are my chances to get into one of the schools mentioned

KatherinH

This is my profile: GRE - 310 (V-149, Q-161), TOEFL - 100, CGPA - 8.31, 3 LORs from Assistant Professors from my college, West Virginia and Stanford, 4 research publications all in the field of interest, one of them in the best conference for HCI - UIST. I am applying for MS in CS with specialization in HCI and Machine Learning. What are my chances to get into UCSD, UCB, UIUC, UCI, UMCP and Gatech?

It's really hard for anyone to chance you. I know I have no idea how to determine what my chances would be at any given school....

From what I have seen, your GRE Q might be a little on the low side for international students, but since you're applying for MS rather than PhD, that's probably fine (and I also don't know what schools consider "acceptable" for their programs). There are schools with separate programs for HCI -- have you looked at any of those? They might be a bit easier to get into than CS programs. You have publications, and most don't -- so that is a big plus in your favor, I'd say. LORs are important, and there's no way to know how effective yours are. Bottom line -- we're all in the same boat :-) Waiting and biting our nails until we hear something. It sounds like you are a very credible applicant whose application should get serious consideration. Good luck!