2016 Acceptance Thread

panpsychist

Just now, MickeyRay said:

So I'll be honest, but this doesn't seem correct. I have a friend that was told explicitly from Eva Kittay that she is getting an acceptance in the second round and she hasn't heard yet. Plus, it looks like no one from the second round has heard yet... Did I miss it?

so there was a second round? is your friend an MA there? i'm also suspicious and presuming my rejection. blah. it seems like nobody has heard anything. the person i talked to was a department admin and she said she thought acceptances for phd were sent out last friday. it's definitely all weird.

Just now, MickeyRay said:

Yeah I am pretty sure this first round was just for university wide fellowships, and that they accept more students than have been notified. My friend is not an MA there, she is an MA somewhere else but is friends with Eva. Hm, yeah I'm not sure. I'm not going to hold my breath, but I just want others to be aware that there is information contradicting the idea that they're all out. :)

i guess we will find out soon enough. i'm not holding my breath either. unless they really sent things out via snail mail which would be crazy.

45 minutes ago, brekekexkoax said:

so there was a second round? is your friend an MA there? i'm also suspicious and presuming my rejection. blah. it seems like nobody has heard anything. the person i talked to was a department admin and she said she thought acceptances for phd were sent out last friday. it's definitely all weird.

The admin is the person I've been most in contact with, so I would imagine that she would know the deal. But it's always possible that she's mistaken, especially if others are saying otherwise. The only other thing I've heard from SB (besides the informal acceptance, the formal acceptance, and the fellowship things) is that we're all gonna be hanging out some week in March. 

Where did you apply this cycle? 

1 minute ago, MVSCZAR said:

The admin is the person I've been most in contact with, so I would imagine that she would know the deal. But it's always possible that she's mistaken, especially if others are saying otherwise. The only other thing I've heard from SB (besides the informal acceptance, the formal acceptance, and the fellowship things) is that we're all gonna be hanging out some week in March. 

Where did you apply this cycle? 

The admin i spoke to wasn't Katie Amelia, if that makes a difference. i just called the generic department number. 

ooh March! 

i applied to CUNY, BC, BU, New School, Fordham (rejected), Western Ontario CSTC, McGill 

7 minutes ago, brekekexkoax said:

The admin i spoke to wasn't Katie Amelia, if that makes a difference. i just called the generic department number. 

ooh March! 

i applied to CUNY, BC, BU, New School, Fordham (rejected), Western Ontario CSTC, McGill 

ooooo. yeah, I was talking about Katie. 

How do you know you were rejected by Fordham? Did you get an email or letter or something? 

5 minutes ago, MVSCZAR said:

ooooo. yeah, I was talking about Katie. 

How do you know you were rejected by Fordham? Did you get an email or letter or something? 

i emailed them and they said everybody who was accepted was notified by now :(

Just now, MVSCZAR said:

That was me. Very nervous...

Good luck! 

Fingers crossed for you, and also for me.. They're my top choice..

was it a personalised email, or telling you to check the website, or what?

1 minute ago, majorshake said:

Good luck! 

Fingers crossed for you, and also for me.. They're my top choice..

was it a personalised email, or telling you to check the website, or what?

Basically, "Dear mvsczar, Congrats for making it this far. We want to interview you. We're going to interview on these dates. Tell us when you're not available. And we'll let you know our decision soon thereafter." But it wasn't necessarily personalized, it just had my name at the top. 

1 minute ago, MVSCZAR said:

Basically, "Dear mvsczar, Congrats for making it this far. We want to interview you. We're going to interview on these dates. Tell us when you're not available. And we'll let you know our decision soon thereafter." But it wasn't necessarily personalized, it just had my name at the top. 

Sounds pretty good.

Now to get mine and we can celebrate with some tasty brews in Chicago in September.

Just now, MVSCZAR said:

Crossing everything for you! Went to the botanica and burning candles and shit!

thanks!

My surname is pretty far down the list, I feel I might have to wait a bit, if they're going alphabetically

Just now, what_is_the_mind said:

Ugh, I wish I applied to the New School for Social Research. For some reason, I had never heard of it until after application season was over! Good luck.

Aw, thank you! To be honest, I'm not holding out too much hope for actually getting to go there... Even if by some miracle I get accepted, funding is just about nonexistent. 

53 minutes ago, bechkafish said:

Aw, thank you! To be honest, I'm not holding out too much hope for actually getting to go there... Even if by some miracle I get accepted, funding is just about nonexistent. 

Wait did the new school send out results??