NYU - Fall 2016

Opt4theBest

1 minute ago, mimi6321 said:

@rlauren @Opt4theBest I also applied on the extended deadline and received the Welcome email last Thursday. I've got no news to report… just wanted to commiserate! 

LOL I haven't heard anything since last night. If you hear first, please let us know. I guess you applied for a regular 2-year program. 

12 hours ago, FT-Grad2016 said:

Congratulations everyone!

@Opt4theBest Hang on for the ride this week. I'm pulling for you!

@SylviaLin Congrats! An acceptance is great regardless of the probationary status.

Thank you FT-Grad2016. You're so kind. I will remain positive. However, to be honest, at this point I only want to hear the decisions so that I can move on and only focus on the school where I have been admitted.

Edited by Opt4theBest

1 hour ago, Opt4theBest said:

Thank you FT-Grad2016. You're so kind. I will remain positive. However, to be honest, at this point I only want to hear the decisions so that I can move on and only focus on the school where I have been admitted.

I completely understand the feeling. I already accepted the NYU offer as it was my first choice. I practically gave up on waiting for Fordham. The horrendous part is my application should have been completed the first week of February. However, they didn't upload my final document until 2 weeks after, and I only got the "your application is complete" email last week. So by the time Fordham renders any decision it will probably be the middle of March or early April! 

Since I already accepted NYU it would be very hard for me to change my mind (and lose the deposit!) to switch to Fordham. I like both programs... but unless Fordham offered me 20K+ a year scholarship (renewable) and a GA position it would not be worth it to me. 

Edited by FT-Grad2016

@aramirez I think the maximum is $15,000 per year, but I an not completely sure. I remember hearing during my information session that a student can receive between $7,000 and $15,000 per year, and that this amount was renewable as long as the student remained in good standing.

Anyone else apply to the 32-month MSW program?  My application was complete back before the Jan. 8 deadline, and I still haven't heard anything.  I may need a LCSW just to cope with this anxiety :P

Edited by PsyBug88

On 2/27/2016 at 2:19 PM, BrendonSW said:

I was offered $12,000/yr but I sent an appeal form in a couple of days ago for more $$. 

Hey Brendon,

Did you just send an email to the financial aid department, or is there an appeal form that I could fill out?

@alyssak112 @tudor3x8

Hey guys, 

What you need to do is email silver.financialaid@nyu.edu and say that you would like to appeal for more scholarship money. They will reply to you with an appeal form and you'll fill that out and submit it. The appeal form they send you is a link, so it takes no more than 5-10 minutes. 

1 hour ago, BrendonSW said:

@alyssak112 @tudor3x8

Hey guys, 

What you need to do is email silver.financialaid@nyu.edu and say that you would like to appeal for more scholarship money. They will reply to you with an appeal form and you'll fill that out and submit it. The appeal form they send you is a link, so it takes no more than 5-10 minutes. 

Thank you so so much this is really helpful!

1 hour ago, BrendonSW said:

@alyssak112 @tudor3x8

Hey guys, 

Thank you so much! I just sent them an email, so hopefully they'll respond soon!

I'm so glad to see that so many people on the forum have been accepted and are already working on their scholarship arrangements... As for me, I'm still waiting....:unsure: I called admissions today, and they told me that my application is in the 'final review' phase!... So I guess that's good;)