HKS 2016

HKS hopeful

9 minutes ago, quietman said:

I hope so! I'm not as confident about my initial Wednesday prediction, but I'm still thinking we hear this week.

They released decisions the second Wednesday in March last year but last year's application submission deadline was also a day later. This brings me to conclude that Thursday would be the latest day of official release. 

The fact that I'm talking about this is sad...I can't seem to shake my 'decision-week' jitters. This is what I've come to, lol.

Edited by HRC2016

8 minutes ago, HRC2016 said:

They released decisions the second Wednesday in March last year but last year's application submission deadline was also a day later. This brings me to conclude that Thursday would be the latest day of official release. 

The fact that I'm talking about this is sad...I can't seem to shake my 'decision-week' jitters. This is what I've come to, lol.

That's what the admissions process does!

I didn't really expect decisions before Wednesday, so tomorrow the 'IT COULD HAPPEN TODAY' days begin.

Edited by quietman

4 minutes ago, obrien_blue said:

The fact that they're sitting in a room, reading off all of our names...are you kidding me right now?! Are you KIDDING?! #icant

Being from a foreign country, my name is difficult to pronounce and I can imagine them saying "Whatttt is this name?? How do you Pronounce it???" Hopefully they won't be like "this name is difficult, put it in that other pile". Haha

Matt and the admissions team are absolutely amazing. I love how transparent they have been through this whole process. I can't believe they are sitting in a living room sipping coffee while we are checking our emails obsessively. I love the fact that they know we are all losing it. Thanks for all the hard work HKS admissions team! Wonder if they check this blog. T minus 1 day and counting. Hopefully!

1 minute ago, edpolicy2015 said:

Matt and the admissions team are absolutely amazing. I love how transparent they have been through this whole process. I can't believe they are sitting in a living room sipping coffee while we are checking our emails obsessively. I love the fact that they know we are all losing it. Thanks for all the hard work HKS admissions team! Wonder if they check this blog. T minus 1 day and counting. Hopefully!

I'm sure someone in the office is a mole on this site (it could be me). Sigh of relief that decisions are finally made. We just need it to be communicated to the group. Unfortunately, the vast majority of those names Matt and the team are reading are "not admitted." Still, sending positive vibes to everyone on this chain! Almost to the finish line!

4 minutes ago, HRC2016 said:

I'm sure someone in the office is a mole on this site (it could be me). Sigh of relief that decisions are finally made. We just need it to be communicated to the group. Unfortunately, the vast majority of those names Matt and the team are reading are "not admitted." Still, sending positive vibes to everyone on this chain! Almost to the finish line!

What a sad message

On 3/3/2016 at 2:41 PM, quietman said:

Yep, agree with all this.

Also, anyone else notice that the status page  (https://admissions.hks.harvard.edu/apply/status) changed? Most of the text is now gone for me.

Just logged into my status page and all of the text is there, but the Veritas logo is gone. 

Dont want to read too much into this, but does that mean logo and no text means admitted?  and if logo is gone = rejected??

6 minutes ago, needanswers said:

Just logged into my status page and all of the text is there, but the Veritas logo is gone. 

Dont want to read too much into this, but does that mean logo and no text means admitted?  and if logo is gone = rejected??

Assuming we're looking at the same thing, the text that is there now isn't the text I was referring to. Initially there was a large amount of text that included detailed info about applying....that disappeared about a week ago and now just the checklist text seems to remain.

I think you're probably reading too much into the logo bit...I suspect (and hope) that the same thing is occurring for everyone.

Edited by quietman

5 minutes ago, Ejc5ys said:
5 minutes ago, Ejc5ys said:

Do you mean text as in the application checklist?

Do you mean text as in the application checklist?

I think that's what needanswers meant by text. NA quoted a post I made earlier about text disappearing, but I was referring to the detailed instructions that were initially part of the status checker prior to disappearing around a week ago.

Edited by quietman

2 minutes ago, quietman said:

I think that's what needanswers meant by text. They quoted a post I made earlier about text disappearing, but I was referring to the detailed instructions that were initially part of the status checker prior to disappearing around a week ago.

that's right -- the check list is there and no other text about applying -- thanks for clarifying that.  quietman, do you still have the logo? no logo for me.

Just now, needanswers said:

that's right -- the check list is there and no other text about applying -- thanks for clarifying that.  quietman, do you still have the logo? no logo for me.

No logo for me either.

3 minutes ago, quietman said:

No logo for me either.

Do you mean the logo on the top that says Harvard Kennedy School with stripped Veritas logo?? I still have it. :( This makes me sad for some reason. 

Just now, Expedia said:

Do you mean the logo on the top that says Harvard Kennedy School with stripped Veritas logo?? I still have it. :( This makes me sad for some reason. 

No, I mean the much large logo that was on the left side of the checklist.