GW Elliott Fall 2016

hina234

13 minutes ago, hina234 said:

Does anyone know when Elliott will release decisions? The website said 4-6 weeks after submitting your application, and I applied January 5.

I am also curious about this! I applied Jan 6 and my status is ESIA 3--Application Complete but I have yet to hear anything...

Edited by coffeeandtravel

Last year the decisions were released March 16 for most people. I don't think it matters when you submitted your application really, because they are almost all released on the same day. Just have to wait a bit longer!!

Which program did you guys apply to at GW?

30 minutes ago, kaseyleigh said:

Last year the decisions were released March 16 for most people. I don't think it matters when you submitted your application really, because they are almost all released on the same day. Just have to wait a bit longer!!

Which program did you guys apply to at GW?

That's probably right...I just have an unrealistic hope that they'll somehow come out early haha. I applied to the M.A. International Affairs program, but am hoping to concentrate on int dev and social entrepreneurship, specifically. What about you?

1 hour ago, coffeeandtravel said:

That's probably right...I just have an unrealistic hope that they'll somehow come out early haha. I applied to the M.A. International Affairs program, but am hoping to concentrate on int dev and social entrepreneurship, specifically. What about you?

I wish they would too!! :) Each day is torture. I want to start making plans!

I applied for their mid-career Master's in International Policy and Practice program. It is just a one year program... I got into the MA in Intl Affairs program last year but decided to hold up and hopefully do this one year program instead. Planning to focus on Russia and national security/intelligence/political risk if I am admitted. Fingers crossed for all of us! 

My status also changed to ESIA 3, getting more keyed up by the day!  Trying my best to distract myself, failing miserably.  Hope you guys are doing better than I am!

This is what is at the bottom of the email I received when I submitted:

"Admission decisions will be posted mid-March for applications to fall semester and mid-November for applications to spring semester."

So unless that's a generic message that they post, I'm guessing we won't hear for a few more weeks...but as for an "incomplete" app, the email also said that the admissions office would contact you if they're missing anything. It probably just takes a while to attach all of the external documents to your application. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, ZebraFinch said:

I just got an email from a prof congratulating me on being admitted.... but I haven't gotten any other emails? I don't know what to think.

Which program did you apply to if I may ask?

8 minutes ago, ZebraFinch said:

I just got an email from a prof congratulating me on being admitted.... but I haven't gotten any other emails? I don't know what to think.

Wow, congrats! I would assume that means there was miscommunication between the department and admissions about when they were releasing decisions but I would also assume that means you're in! I applied for IA so hopefully that means decisions are rolling out today or tomorrow??

1 hour ago, ZebraFinch said:

I asked about funding and got a pretty blunt/rude reply back. 

Oh no!! Yes, Im also interested to hear what they said back. Congratulations on your email, though! I remember that happening to people a few times last admissions cycle... it's nice to get that reassurance before the official decisions!

Also, wanted to let y'all know I actually just got a call from the director of the program I applied to, the MIPP program, letting me know I was in! He said he thought decisions would go out this afternoon, but perhaps he was wrong??

1 hour ago, kaseyleigh said:

Also, wanted to let y'all know I actually just got a call from the director of the program I applied to, the MIPP program, letting me know I was in! He said he thought decisions would go out this afternoon, but perhaps he was wrong??

Congrats! I haven't heard anything from the International Affairs people, but it would be nice to hear before the weekend!