GW Elliott Fall 2016

hina234

3 minutes ago, Kathleen517 said:

I feel a bit like I am beating a dead horse here, but has anyone heard anything about funding yet?

Nothing here... well, plenty of emails just none funding related...

Nope. Just another invite to come to the admitted day. So frustrating. All the other schools I've been admitted to have had this come out on the same day or at least been clear on the timeline. 

I sent them an email last week asking about timeline for knowing about funding and I haven't heard anything at all. (It's been more than 2 business days). 

8 minutes ago, Srbf said:

Nope. Just another invite to come to the admitted day. So frustrating. All the other schools I've been admitted to have had this come out on the same day or at least been clear on the timeline. 

I sent them an email last week asking about timeline for knowing about funding and I haven't heard anything at all. (It's been more than 2 business days). 

And from what I've read in this thread, they've been pretty rude in their replies to people who asked about funding. Really disappointed with GW at this point.

I emailed on Friday asking about when we'd learn about funding offers, and I haven't received a response. This whole thing just leaves me with a poor impression of GWU. I understand that funding decisions might not be ready, but they can at least keep us informed about their timeline. 

23 minutes ago, kasbah said:

I emailed on Friday asking about when we'd learn about funding offers, and I haven't received a response. This whole thing just leaves me with a poor impression of GWU. I understand that funding decisions might not be ready, but they can at least keep us informed about their timeline. 

Yeah I agree. I understand if they're running behind or something, but at least give us a timeline. Keeping admitted students in the dark doesn't seem helpful to anyone...

Yeah, they gave me a bit of a runaround during the application process too about whether a document was submitted/acceptable. Between that and this... I'm much less inclined to consider the school unless the funding is significantly better. 

I think the real insult to injury is all of the programmed emails about how great the school is in the meantime. For me it's having the opposite of the intended effect.  I've received these emails from the other schools too of course (though less of them) but I'm much more receptive because I know what they're offering. 

Edited by Srbf

16 minutes ago, coffeeandtravel said:

Has anyone filled out the loan questionnaire, or is that supposed to be completed only if you plan on matriculating? 

I think it's only for matriculating students, since it's due May 1st along with all of the FAFSA forms.

I actually emailed ESIA back in December, inquiring about certain professors and classes, and they sent back a generic information email that gave me a pretty lame impression of them. But I was hoping they would be more responsive on other fronts, especially since funding is so crucial...I guess not. :( 

Just now, keeperofkiwis said:

I think it's only for matriculating students, since it's due May 1st along with all of the FAFSA forms.

Just saw that...thanks! I was just trying to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything that could be delaying funding, but you're right, it says May 1.

12 minutes ago, lavishllama said:

I actually called them because I got impatient and they said they would have emails sent out by tonight or the latest tomorrow morning (fingers crossed)

WOO!!! You are great thank you!

1 minute ago, lavishllama said:

Lol! I actually created this account just to put the rest of the forum's souls at ease (haha)

I'm really nervous and keep checking my email every five seconds. I need good funding :wacko:

You're doing the Lord's work!

Just now, kasbah said:

You're doing the Lord's work!

Lol!! :D I literally laughed out loud. No problem!

It seems that they're not really responsive by email, but by phone, someone picks up like right away every time I've called in the morning. Moral of the story: forget the writing? Lol.

Quick question: I've seen a lot of forums about people negotiating their funding. Is anyone planning on doing that? If so, who would you address it to?

26 minutes ago, lavishllama said:

I actually called them because I got impatient and they said they would have emails sent out by tonight or the latest tomorrow morning (fingers crossed)

You rock!!!! Thanks for being more courageous than the rest of us hahaha

9 minutes ago, lavishllama said:

Quick question: I've seen a lot of forums about people negotiating their funding. Is anyone planning on doing that? If so, who would you address it to?

I'm also interested in hearing from people on this, especially anyone who has successfully done so in the past

1 hour ago, lavishllama said:

I have sent one so far, and I sent it to the person who notified me about my acceptance/funding. I would also check the staff page and look at titles - see who seems to be the most relevant person. I would assume most kind hearted people would simply forward it to the correct person for you. 

Also, has anyone who didn't hear back on the 10th/11th heard back about rejection/acceptance since? A close friend also applied to GW for a different program than I, but she has yet to hear back one way or the other.