Anthropology vs. Ethnomusicology: Long-term job prospects

Hello, all! I'm having some trouble deciding between two PhD programs. Both have offered me very similar funding, both are in great locations, both have faculty with whom I would be thrilled to work. I have weighed all the pros and cons, and it all comes down to one big difference: one is an anthropology program, and the other is ethnomusicology. My research interests can easily go in either direction, so I'm not really worried about which discipline is a better fit for what I hope to study for the next several years. The issue I'm struggling with is the long-term value of each degree: will I have more job opportunities and flexibility with one degree than I would with the other? Is this something that could change in 10 or 20 years?

I know ethnomusicologists who teach anthro courses, and vice versa. I am currently co-teaching a "world music" course with an ethnomusicologist who got his PhD in anthro, but his undergrad degree was in music. There is a lot of comfortable overlap between the disciplines, and I plan to be a lifelong SEM and AAA member, but I guess I'm worried about appearances. When I start applying for teaching positions in a few years, which degree is going to look better? (Assume both universities and their faculty have equally good reputations.)

Thanks!

I'm not in either of these fields, but I get the sense that a PhD in anthropology could apply for positions in an ethnomusicology department with the right research and training, but an ethnomusicology PhD might not be able to apply to positions in an anthropology department (or at least not all of them - maybe some). I'd talk to some ethnomusicology PhDs to confirm or deny that, though - and I'd talk to some recent graduates and newly hired PhDs, AND talk to some faculty who have served on a search committee lately in either field. Advanced faculty can be great for a lot of things but sometimes they wear rose-colored glasses when it comes to the academic job market.