Master in Political Science. Duke or Georgetown?

Ed

Well, till now I have received two letters of acceptance from Duke and Georgetown (no funding, but I hope to get a scholarship from my local government) to sudy a Masters Program in Political Science. So, what do you suggest? I am a bit worried about studying in Duke, because it is located in Durham, North Carolina, and I have heard that there is racism in that part of the US (I am from South America).  

I'll be real with you: there is racism in every part of the United States. 

Assuming you wish to continue onto a Ph.D., I would be more concerned about determining your fit with the each master program, whether your research interests can be pursued in the curricula offerings, and if there are enough faculty you could connect and/or collaborate with around your research. 

14 hours ago, RCtheSS said:

I'll be real with you: there is racism in every part of the United States. 

Assuming you wish to continue onto a Ph.D., I would be more concerned about determining your fit with the each master program, whether your research interests can be pursued in the curricula offerings, and if there are enough faculty you could connect and/or collaborate with around your research. 

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I am not sure if I am going to study a Phd afterwards, because I am a lawyer in my country.  About racism, it is relevant for me because I know that Duke has a better program than Georgetown, but I would prefer to live and study in a more cosmopolitan environment, if you know what I mean