RotiBun

Hi guys,

I see that HR is not too popular of a topic on here but I really hope someone can assist to provide me their two cents on what you would choose in my situation.

I applied to some of the top schools for masters of human resources/labor relations (Cornell, MSU, Minnesota, UIUC, OSU) and was luckily offered admissions. I have narrowed down my choices to 3 of them but I am having a very hard time finalizing my decision.

- School A (Cornell): Admitted with 1 semester waived tuition (I've always dreamed of attending an Ivy but it provides the least funding...Is there any possible way to negotiate?)

- School B: Admitted with assistantship to waive 1st year tuition and receive a monthly stipend of ~$700 (Only 10hrs/week but not sure if it'll impact my studies. Also, it's not guaranteed for the 2nd year)

- School C: Admitted with $12,500 fellowship for the first year plus in-state tuition for both years (No need to work and guarantees a cheaper tuition rate for the 2nd year compared to the other 2 choices)

It doesn't seem like there is a clear cut ranking for HR Masters programs, but it seems like the same companies go to recruit at all of those programs. Would attending Cornell give me an upper-hand on job/salary prospects when compared to the rest of those top programs? 

Which school would you choose if you were in my shoes? Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks~

Least amount of debt. I'd choose either School B or School C. School B could be a better offer if you're able to find a second job for an additional 5-10 hours/week AND/or if the funding is renewable for a second year. It also depends a bit on the cost of living in each area since it's hard to say whether the amounts they are offering are enough for you to survive on...