MSW Fall 2016, SJSU, CSUFullerton, SacState,

Bargy

Has anyone heard from SJSU, SacState, or Fullerton yet? Or know when we can expect to hear?  I got accepted to CSUN and San Marcos but haven't made a decision yet.  Thanks.

I applied to SJSU and am waiting currently! I emailed them and they said " We will begin to admit people this month and will continue this spring. Your information about admission will be sent via email."

I heard from SJSU last night that I have been accepted into their Online Program.  Was really hoping to get into the campus program.  They need me to let them know within two weeks about my decision.  I guess this means that they have already notified those in the campus program?  I'm guessing.  I wrote a really good statement, I have a 4.0 GPA and about 1700 hours of volunteer/internship experience.  I guess there must be alot of exceptional candidates out there!!!!!!!

Edited by HopflSW
left stuff out

18 minutes ago, HopflSW said:

I heard from SJSU last night that I have been accepted into their Online Program.  Was really hoping to get into the campus program.  They need me to let them know within two weeks about my decision.  I guess this means that they have already notified those in the campus program?  I'm guessing.  I wrote a really good statement, I have a 4.0 GPA and about 1700 hours of volunteer/internship experience.  I guess there must be alot of exceptional candidates out there!!!!!!!

Omg that's awesome! Congratulations! How did they notify you - via email? I'm hoping to hear back soon ugh. 

Hi all! I applied to the campus program and still haven't heard anything. I've heard back from all other programs I've applied to and hope SJSU sends out notifications soon! I keep checking my MySJSU account and my status has said "referred to grad dept" for months now. Any updates? And congratulations @HopflSW 

MargaretSG - did you fill in the form that asked whether you would be interested in either online or campus or both? for SJSU.   I had said I was interested in both.  What I have found out so far is that they plan on a cohort of 50 for their online program.  There are live online lectures with the current MSW faculty and both structurerd and unstructured opportunity for student interaction.  They will be capping the online classes at 25 students.  It sounds interesting!!  No commute or parking issues.

I am still waiting to hear back fro SJSU as well. On the survey I said i was interested in both online and on campus, hope that increases my chances of getting in :P and I agree - I wasn't a fan of online at first but the more I've thought about it the more beneficial it seems, especially since I live in SF

Hi @HopflSW ! Thanks for your response! I did get that form, but I am not interested in the online program personally. It sounds like a great option, but I really learn best from in person classes/discussions, so I indicated that I was interested in the on-campus program. I am leaning toward UCLA at this point, but am still waiting to hear back from SJSU. Good luck everyone!!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 7:02 AM, HopflSW said:

Congratulations!!  I am so anxious to hear back. Do you mind sharing your concentration? 

I understand that SJSU got 500 applicants this year - they chose 110 for campus and 50 for online.  Online is with current MSW professors who will teach realtime lectures online. The online classes have a student cap of 25.  So it sounds almost as good as oncampus without driving or parking issues.

MargaretSG congratulations on all your acceptances.  That is fantastic.  I was also a little uncertain about online but what I have learned is that SJSU got 500 applicants this year - they chose 110 for campus and 50 for online.  Online is with current MSW professors who will teach realtime lectures online. The online classes have a student cap of 25.  So it sounds almost as good as oncampus without driving or parking issues.

On March 31, 2016 at 8:45 PM, HopflSW said:

MargaretSG congratulations on all your acceptances.  That is fantastic.  I was also a little uncertain about online but what I have learned is that SJSU got 500 applicants this year - they chose 110 for campus and 50 for online.  Online is with current MSW professors who will teach realtime lectures online. The online classes have a student cap of 25.  So it sounds almost as good as oncampus without driving or parking issues.

Hi hopflSW, was this info emailed to you? I got accepted to their online program today. I submitted my email with intent to enroll, was wondering if they emailed you more info after? 

• 4 weeks later...