CGS Master's 2016-2017

rushistory

I still have two schools stuck on received by administrator. Does anyone else still have that up as well? I've heard back from two other schools, so it seems weird that I wouldn't have all of the responses....

Edited by mbeau
spelling

7 hours ago, Sadcat said:

Alternate at UBC :( 

anyone know how many people are given "alternate" status? 

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm an alternate at York. Does anyone know??  

I didn't get CGSM at the school I'm going to (Western) and the wording of an email from Waterloo (which I'll be declining) suggests I'm an alternate there. So I'll be releasing myself from the waitlist for a SSHRC CGSM soon for Waterloo, in case anyone's interested.

Well, there's always next year. And OGS. I'm staying hopeful.

5 minutes ago, Pahi said:

I'm an alternate too :( Does anyone know if they send an e-mail out if your status changes from alternate to offered or if you have to keep checking on research portal? Still hopeful:D

This is something I want to know too. Will I ever get off that alternate list?!

I e-mailed our graduate coordinator today and she said she's not allowed to disclose the alternate list information, so sads. :(

I'm emailing my peer group to see which one of us got it so I at least can celebrate their success. :P

Congrats to any winners here!

Offered SSHRC at Carleton and UofT, Concordia still at "Received by Administrator"

I have accepted my SSHRC at Carleton so hopefully an alternate and UofT will be happy!

6 hours ago, mbeau said:

I still have two schools stuck on received by administrator. Does anyone else still have that up as well? I've heard back from two other schools, so it seems weird that I wouldn't have all of the responses....

I have UBC stuck on received by administrator as well. I gather from previous years' threads that results are posted over the next few days, and that we will eventually receive an email saying our status has changed and to check the portal. 

2 hours ago, SpiritIsMyMantra said:

I have UBC stuck on received by administrator as well. I gather from previous years' threads that results are posted over the next few days, and that we will eventually receive an email saying our status has changed and to check the portal. 

My status was also "received by administrator" for UBC

I got offered by Lakehead, alternate by Saskatchewan, and still not posted for Manitoba. I will be declining for Saskatchewan when I get off the waitlist... I will not be attending there. If anyone was posted for Manitoba, let me know as it would be good to know if others got an answer there while I what to find out what they say...

Two years ago I had also applied. I was declined at the other schools but wait listed for Manitoba. I was offered off of the waitlist in around the 7th of May. Do not lose hope to those that were wait listed, you have a good shot to get the offer. Remember that you are still receiving offers as those on the waitlist might also decline... eg. If no one declined on the first round until the 21st day and all but 10 accepted the award and you are 11th on the list, you might not get an offer until 42 days after April 1st. Everyone has the opportunity to hold the offer for 21 days. Be patient!!!

1 hour ago, spg5552000 said:

I got offered by Lakehead, alternate by Saskatchewan, and still not posted for Manitoba. I will be declining for Saskatchewan when I get off the waitlist... I will not be attending there. If anyone was posted for Manitoba, let me know as it would be good to know if others got an answer there while I what to find out what they say...

Two years ago I had also applied. I was declined at the other schools but wait listed for Manitoba. I was offered off of the waitlist in around the 7th of May. Do not lose hope to those that were wait listed, you have a good shot to get the offer. Remember that you are still receiving offers as those on the waitlist might also decline... eg. If no one declined on the first round until the 21st day and all but 10 accepted the award and you are 11th on the list, you might not get an offer until 42 days after April 1st. Everyone has the opportunity to hold the offer for 21 days. Be patient!!!

Thanks for the encouragement. Really hoping a definitive answer comes along soon because waiting until Jan 2017 seems too unbearable. 

No CGS this year :( I think it may be in part that I applied to the wrong tri council agency. At least I have a good funding package from the school but I'm already starting to stress that I'll be too busy with all the TAing first year. Congrats to everyone that received offers! 

1 hour ago, spg5552000 said:

This is very encouraging to hear. Will keep it in mind. Thanks!!

Also, from the NSERC Q&A site I have a quote that directly relates to those that still have a "recieved" status. The site says: " Institutions must ensure to update the statuses for all applications received in accordance with the competition results by April 21 at the latest."

Not that it really helps without knowing why there is a delay. I have emailed graduate studies for some additional information. Will post when I know why for UofM.

Good luck everyone!

On 4/1/2016 at 5:57 PM, spg5552000 said:

Thanks! I haven't seen before  where it still says recieved. Congrats on the award! What program?

Sociology. 

I don't understand why it still says "received" as a status for you. I spoke to some other folks at UofM who also applied for CGS-M through SSHRC and they also found out the results. Very strange, U of M. 

Apparently there were some answers required from the tri-council for some of  those on the alternate list before the status could be updated. That was for UofM, not sure about other schools.

Concordia MA 1st year student here. Alternate list. : < Hoping for some movement. Concordia (From my understanding) only gives out 41 SSHRCS... what are my chances? And how many people go on wait list? 2 of my friends are wait listed, and 2 got SSHRCs 

2 minutes ago, Arkel_angel said:

Sorry to double post but Concordia University: I ranked 70... soooo 30 people have to reject for me to get it. Not happening : [ good luck to everyone else! 

How did you get this info?

In the past they told me that they would not release that info - I am interested to know who I should ask.

10 minutes ago, hojoojoh said:

How did you get this info?

In the past they told me that they would not release that info - I am interested to know who I should ask.

I asked the right people. I cannot say more than that in case they could get in trouble.
Try asking your program chair, program director or/and graduate assistant. They may be able to get you something ?