Washington DC Schools 2016

tedwards09

Anyone else planning on attending any of the DC area schools this Fall?! I've been accepted to George Washington For a doctoral program and am really excited about it! If anyone wants to to discuss housing, locations, ect just let me know! I'm sure we could all use advice!

I'm still deciding between UMD and Boston College, but I've lived in DC for the past six years and I went to American University for undergrad.  Let me know if I can help in any way with housing, transportation questions, moving companies, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to GWU and need help with housing... does anyone know if it's worth commuting? I worry about the state of public transportation. I live in South Korea and I keep forgetting that not all countries have a good transport system

I got into the masters program for speech pathology at Gallaudet! I'm debating what to do with living arrangements. I could live with my parents, since they live 20mins out of DC; however, I don't know how I feel about that! 

On March 24, 2016 at 9:35 AM, Pokeabun said:

I'm going to GWU and need help with housing... does anyone know if it's worth commuting? I worry about the state of public transportation. I live in South Korea and I keep forgetting that not all countries have a good transport system

I'm from the area and the Metro, our subway system, is pretty reliable. There is at least one stop at the GWU campus that I can recall. I can't speak about the bus system though. Public transportation is functional in DC, not no where near as good as a place like South Korea 

On March 15, 2016 at 10:48 AM, tedwards09 said:

Anyone else planning on attending any of the DC area schools this Fall?! I've been accepted to George Washington For a doctoral program and am really excited about it! If anyone wants to to discuss housing, locations, ect just let me know! I'm sure we could all use advice!

@tedwards09 I am also attending a GWU PhD program :D Mind if I ask which PhD program? Psychology by any chance?

Edited by student4lyfe

11 hours ago, student4lyfe said:

@tedwards09 I am also attending a GWU PhD program :D Mind if I ask which PhD program? Psychology by any chance?

Hi! No, not psychology, sorry! Mine is in Curriculum and Instruction/Ed policy. My undergrad was in psychology though! 

When are you planning on heading to DC?