I have applied to the ENMU SLP graduate program for admission in the Fall of 2016. I just received my waitlist letter. Does anyone have any information on how many are typically placed on the waitlist? Also, the letter included some information about the possibility of taking 9 graduate hours before formal admittance. Is this offered online or on campus, and would this increase my chances of being admitted in the next cycle, should I excel? Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

I am a second year in ENMU's program. I am not sure how many are placed on the wait list, but they accept 25-30 students per cohort I believe. I highly recommend taking the 9 credit hours if you're able to. I don't know if it has any effect on your chances of being accepted, as they do blind reviews so they don't know any names until they have decided on the applicant packages they will accept; however, the majority of students that I know who took classes prior to being formally accepted were admitted for the subsequent application cycle. The 9 graduate hours can be competed either online or on campus, all of the students I know did theirs online though. If you are serious about getting into ENMU's program and don't get in off the wait list this cycle, then definitely take advantage of this! It will lighten your course load significantly once you're in the program. If you have any more questions feel free to ask! Good luck!!! 

I got my waitlist letter a few days ago as well. I've heard from others to check in periodically to let them know you're still interested, and inquire about the online courses offered to prove you're serious.

Waiting a few more weeks to see if anything changes (as they said spots typically open up March-May since people decline), and then emailing the department head to express interest. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was waitlisted for Fall of 2015. I took 6 hours of graduate course work in the fall, retook the GRE, and revamped my essay. I got in. It does happen. Definitely contact the department. They won't tell you where you are the wait list, but they can advice about coursework. Also, applying for Spring cycle is typically less competitive. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/24/2016 at 10:56 PM, Demjc24 said:

I am a second year in ENMU's program. I am not sure how many are placed on the wait list, but they accept 25-30 students per cohort I believe. I highly recommend taking the 9 credit hours if you're able to. I don't know if it has any effect on your chances of being accepted, as they do blind reviews so they don't know any names until they have decided on the applicant packages they will accept; however, the majority of students that I know who took classes prior to being formally accepted were admitted for the subsequent application cycle. The 9 graduate hours can be competed either online or on campus, all of the students I know did theirs online though. If you are serious about getting into ENMU's program and don't get in off the wait list this cycle, then definitely take advantage of this! It will lighten your course load significantly once you're in the program. If you have any more questions feel free to ask! Good luck!!! 

Are these 9 graduate courses part of the prerequisite sequence?

• 1 month later...

I applied to ENMU's distance education graduate program for Spring 2016. I received a letter that I was put on the waitlist. I reapplied for the Spring 2017 semester and am still waiting for a response. The waitlist letter I received didn't mention anything about 9 graduate hours before formal admittance. What are these for and they need to be completed before becoming accepted into the program?

Has anyone applied for the Spring 2017 semester? Have you heard anything yet?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 3:49 PM, marissaxbutner said:

Hi! I'm a CDIS grad student. The secretary informed me that they won't be sending out letters until October.

Do you know what part of October we should be receiving letters? I'm just tired of waiting!!

Has anyone heard anything yet? I'm not able to log into my account since I'm locked out and need to get it reset, but does it give application status? Or does it only show that an application has been submitted? I can't wait any longer!!

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 3:49 PM, marissaxbutner said:

Hi! I'm a CDIS grad student. The secretary informed me that they won't be sending out letters until October.

Do you happen to know when in October we should be receiving letters? I just can't wait any longer!!

Sorry for so many posts, but I'm curious about my application status.

Does anyone know if we can check our app status on the ENMU website? I logged into my account and it only shows a submitted application. I don't see how to check on the status anywhere.

Help!!