CUNY Queens College

I'd been waiting to reach out to the program director at Queens College with all of my questions until I knew for sure I'd been accepted. Everyone tells me that QC has a great reputation (at least within New York). I'm wondering, however, whether that reputation extends outside of New York and also how many graduates end up working in the medical setting. When I search LinkedIn (I don't have premium access right now, so my searches are curtailed), I am really not seeing many people working in hospitals or rehab clinics. Does anyone have any feedback on these two questions? I'd rather poll the outside world first to see if it jives with what the program tells me.

1 hour ago, kc1m2l8c said:

I'd been waiting to reach out to the program director at Queens College with all of my questions until I knew for sure I'd been accepted. Everyone tells me that QC has a great reputation (at least within New York). I'm wondering, however, whether that reputation extends outside of New York and also how many graduates end up working in the medical setting. When I search LinkedIn (I don't have premium access right now, so my searches are curtailed), I am really not seeing many people working in hospitals or rehab clinics. Does anyone have any feedback on these two questions? I'd rather poll the outside world first to see if it jives with what the program tells me.

Were you interviewed ?

I reached out Friday and was told they are still looking at applications.

It is a great peogram. Some say the best of the CUNY schools.

Edited by Arcanelady27
More info

Just now, Arcanelady27 said:

Were you interviewed ?

I reached out Friday and was told they are still looking at applications.

Yes, I interviewed on March 11th.

I hope they are still looking at applications, since I haven't heard anything yet.  I had just assumed my rejection was on its way since it was so late already!

To the original poster - I know Queens reputation is great around here, and there are so many hospitals in the area that I would think you could get some good externships.