What is up with [school]'s application?

ridgey

ApplyTexas is killing me. Maybe it's just a special torture for international students, but I had to enter my entire schooling history, from when I started school age 5. Name of the grade, age, name of each year's certificate. For a PhD application. Seriously. I'm in awe of the riduclousness. Yet through the hoop I jump...

ApplyTexas is killing me. Maybe it's just a special torture for international students, but I had to enter my entire schooling history, from when I started school age 5. Name of the grade, age, name of each year's certificate. For a PhD application. Seriously. I'm in awe of the riduclousness. Yet through the hoop I jump...

Good Lord, I don't think any of mine even asked if I graduated from High School. Shouldn't the fact that you have a UG degree be proof enough you completed your K-12 experiences (or equivelent)?

I wish my schools asked for that stuff! I feel like I wasted my time trying hard in high school because I don't think it made much of a difference anyway in my getting in where I am now. It's annoying that none of that stuff counts anymore - I can't put certain jobs I had before college on my resume despite having earned that work experience!

I am applying to a program that has no online application. And the application form downloaded from the website is just a plain PDF, not a form PDF, so the application had to printed out and completed by hand or with a typewriter. I did 1 or 2 applications like this way back in 2000 when I applied for undergrad, but even then, online applications were the norm. And now I am living overseas and have to deal with international postage and delivery times. And we've been having postal strikes!!

Edited by repatriate

I am applying to Ph.D programs; my B.A. and future M.A. are from the same school. However, on one online application, it will not let me enter the same school twice, even though one is marked "graduate" and one "undergraduate." But if I just put in one or the other, I get this nasty "you are not qualified" screen. There is an option "if school code is not found, enter name of school manually." I tried that. I got an error message: "Missing school code." /sigh

Sauce on the sundae: this is the application for my current school.

Kentucky's application site is down for maintenance from Wednesday (2 days ago) until Monday. I find this so annoying. I finally have time off work to finish and submit my app, and I can't do it!

I ran into that too. Fortunately it was back up Monday.

I have had a couple of applications want my high school info (or some of it) - probably just because they didn't vary that between the undergraduate and graduate versions. But they didn't want my high school GPA or SAT scores or anything silly, and no middle school or elementary either.

I hate the way all applications do letters of recommendation! I have informed my schools that two of my letters will become by mail (two of my professors are old school), but the applications still send out the notification email anyway. Grr.