Hi everyone! This is my second post and I wanted to start a new thread because I've managed to reduce my options down to two schools. 

I'm deciding between:

Georgetown University's Conflict Resolution Master's program (no funding)

The Graduate Institute in Geneva's Master's program in Political Science/International Relations (no funding)

I'm considering the cost difference, but its not a huge factor because I have a SO who will be working while I'm in school, as long as he can get a job (he is a teacher and has never had a problem finding employment). We have joked that he is my scholarship. We are US citizens so that makes Geneva a little more complicated because he would need a work visa and I believe the job market is more competitive for employers that will sponsor him. Geneva's tuition is much cheaper (8000 a year), but cost of living in Geneva is much higher, particularly if my SO can't work there. (If anyone has job leads or has gone through the work visa process in Geneva, I'd appreciate your thoughts)

In general living in Geneva might be more complicated, work visa, we have two large dogs which makes getting housing hard (harder than it already is in Geneva). However, I like challenges and know Geneva would be a fantastic place to live for a number of reasons (networking in the international field, location for travel, ability to improve my french).

DC is DC, networking is great, I can live just outside the area for cheaper rent (maybe even get a backyard), my SO can private tutor or get a full time job without a visa. 

In terms of the programs, what I'd like to know is, what are the strengths and weaknesses of each program? Are there any alumni or current students who can comment on the programs and maybe the prospects for work or PHD programs after? I'm planning on working immediately after my masters (possibly in Foreign Service) and someday getting my PHD. Would one of these programs be more ideal? 

Thanks for the help in advance! 

Also, if you have some general information that you think might be useful about the cities, living, the programs, or funding tips, I'd love to hear it! 

On 4/2/2016 at 3:10 AM, Lolothefirecat said:

In terms of the programs, what I'd like to know is, what are the strengths and weaknesses of each program? Are there any alumni or current students who can comment on the programs and maybe the prospects for work or PHD programs after? I'm planning on working immediately after my masters (possibly in Foreign Service) and someday getting my PHD. Would one of these programs be more ideal? 

Would also greatly appreciate feedback on these programs. Thanks~