2-year fully funded nonconditional MA vs. 1-year conditional funding for 5 year MA/PhD

Hi everyone!

I posted here before but I have an update on my decisions...
a. Tuition grant + living stipend (it's a small amount=$5000) for 2 years at the RSEA M.A. program at Harvard
b. Tuition+living stipend (12K)for my first year but I would have to TA every year (guaranteed TA-ship for only 4 years) at the EALC PhD program at UCSB

Thanks! I'm having trouble deciding however...

Edited by machacreampuff

3 minutes ago, rack_attack124 said:

congrats! which one are you going to pick? Do you want master or PhD?

I'm not sure! I'm leaning torwards the M.A. though so that when/if I reapply for PhDs I'll get into a better funded program.

7 minutes ago, machacreampuff said:

I'm not sure! I'm leaning torwards the M.A. though so that when/if I reapply for PhDs I'll get into a better funded program.

does that mean you will have to take on debt though? I think education is too expensive in America! No one wants to be paying loans until they're 45 :( 

Just now, rack_attack124 said:

does that mean you will have to take on debt though? I think education is too expensive in America! No one wants to be paying loans until they're 45 :( 

No I'll be funded so I won't have to take on any loans.