University of Alabama

1 hour ago, taeslp said:

Does anyone know if rejections or waitlists have been sent out yet?  I haven't seen any on the admissions board so I was just curious!

I have a friend who works in graduate admissions and I asked her if people haven't heard back yet, does it mean they're rejected or waitlisted and she said "not necessarily." She's getting tired of all my questions so I didn't press for more haha. I do know some people got rejection emails early last week, but I haven't heard anything about a waitlist either. From talking to current grad students here, it seems like they might not tell you you're waitlisted until a spot opens up for you. Several of them didn't hear back from UA until late May or June. So if you don't hear back in the next couple days, it might be best to call the department and see what they can tell you about your status. 

8 minutes ago, BamaBelle said:

I have a friend who works in graduate admissions and I asked her if people haven't heard back yet, does it mean they're rejected or waitlisted and she said "not necessarily." She's getting tired of all my questions so I didn't press for more haha. I do know some people got rejection emails early last week, but I haven't heard anything about a waitlist either. From talking to current grad students here, it seems like they might not tell you you're waitlisted until a spot opens up for you. Several of them didn't hear back from UA until late May or June. So if you don't hear back in the next couple days, it might be best to call the department and see what they can tell you about your status. 

Just to add to this -- I didn't receive a letter so I just sent an email to Dr. Barber. Within the hour, she responded and said "because letters have already been sent out, I feel like it is within my right to tell you that you have been accepted. Check the mailing address you used on your application, or just give it a couple more days to receive your actual letter." This was yesterday morning and I haven't checked my mailbox since. Hope this helps!