INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO MPP AND CARLETON MPPA

Du

Hi,

Just wondering if any international applicant to uoft's MPP or carleton uni's MPPA has received an offer from them. The wait is nerve-racking, i wonder why its taking them this long to make a decision. I'm aware offers have been made to domestic students about a month ago and that uoft noted that offers will be made to international applicants the week of march 28, however no updates since then as to whether the offers were made or not, their response to my email enquiry was just generic. If you have any info, kindly share. Thanks

18 hours ago, Du said:

Hi,

Just wondering if any international applicant to uoft's MPP or carleton uni's MPPA has received an offer from them. The wait is nerve-racking, i wonder why its taking them this long to make a decision. I'm aware offers have been made to domestic students about a month ago and that uoft noted that offers will be made to international applicants the week of march 28, however no updates since then as to whether the offers were made or not, their response to my email enquiry was just generic. If you have any info, kindly share. Thanks

I did not apply to your program, but I am facing the same waiting issue with Carleton. Last time I heard from my department was on March 23rd. The administrator told me that the admission committee just had the meeting this morning. All my emails after that date were not answered and I have no clue in what state or stage is my application!!! Not sure if I was accepted or rejected :(

5 hours ago, PhD in English said:

I did not apply to your program, but I am facing the same waiting issue with Carleton. Last time I heard from my department was on March 23rd. The administrator told me that the admission committee just had the meeting this morning. All my emails after that date were not answered and I have no clue in what state or stage is my application!!! Not sure if I was accepted or rejected :(

Its just so unfair that we have to wait this long and considering the fact that if we get in, we need time to apply for visa. I applied since october last year, i'm just tired of waiting. I just need to know what their decision is, so i can move on already. Their response to my email is contradictory, one person says they'll get to us next month,the other says early april....gosh!!!!. While in the case of utoronto, im not even sure if offers have been made to international applicants like they claim on their website. I wish someone can just confirm, all i have seen are offers to domestic applicants. Anyways, goodluck while we keep waiting:)

1 minute ago, Du said:

Its just so unfair that we have to wait this long and considering the fact that if we get in, we need time to apply for visa. I applied since october last year, i'm just tired of waiting. I just need to know what their decision is, so i can move on already. Their response to my email is contradictory, one person says they'll get to us next month,the other says early april....gosh!!!!. While in the case of utoronto, im not even sure if offers have been made to international applicants like they claim on their website. I wish someone can just confirm, all i have seen are offers to domestic applicants. Anyways, goodluck while we keep waiting:)

I totally understand your situation... and I am thinking about the visa process because it takes time for sure. What makes me more anxious is that I was able to stay in touch with the department until the admission committee took their decision! It feels so bad that the decision is out and they mysteriously keep it a secret!!! I do not know if I should think positively about this waiting. Sometimes I say to myself: if it was a rejection, they would have informed me right away... so it must be something positive... Or maybe totally the opposite! What do you think? 

14 minutes ago, PhD in English said:

I totally understand your situation... and I am thinking about the visa process because it takes time for sure. What makes me more anxious is that I was able to stay in touch with the department until the admission committee took their decision! It feels so bad that the decision is out and they mysteriously keep it a secret!!! I do not know if I should think positively about this waiting. Sometimes I say to myself: if it was a rejection, they would have informed me right away... so it must be something positive... Or maybe totally the opposite! What do you think? 

Oh, i totally understand your frustration,hopefully it will be positive. I really dunno what to make of it, but it seems like good news, maybe they are considering you for funding B)! You never can tell till you hear from them. If I may suggest, have you tried calling them to confirm, since they are not responding to your email. Maybe the admissions team or your program director or supervisor since you applied to a phd program.

1 minute ago, Du said:

Oh, i totally understand your frustration,hopefully it will be positive. I really dunno what to make of it, but it seems like good news, maybe they are considering you for funding B)! You never can tell till you hear from them. If I may suggest, have you tried calling them to confirm, since they are not responding to your email. Maybe the admissions team or your program director or supervisor since you applied to a phd program.

Hehe... I like the idea of "maybe they are considering me for funding" :) You are right, I will try to call them in a while. I hope it works for both of us. All the luck for you :)