Where are the American Studies people!?

jlennon33

What's the chance that Yale and Harvard will both send out decisions today? I know Yale is already out (congrats, Fortschritt!), but it seems only in limited release. It's the last working day of the last week in February...

i'm cheerin' you guys on!

fauxtog, who is sitting on her hands in anticipation of getting off the many

she is on

ps. figurefive, where in cambridge do you live? i grew up there :)

What's the chance that Yale and Harvard will both send out decisions today? I know Yale is already out (congrats, Fortschritt!), but it seems only in limited release. It's the last working day of the last week in February...

my guess is the weather (snowpocalypse 2: the redux) really screwed things up! slower than normal, maybe?

i'm cheerin' you guys on!

fauxtog, who is sitting on her hands in anticipation of getting off the many

she is on

ps. figurefive, where in cambridge do you live? i grew up there :)

Well, Harvard answered my question. Not in a good way. But at least it did. Now I just need Yale.

Fauxtog, I live on Broadway near Central Square. I love the city, too, but it looks like I'll be moving this summer! :)

Well, Harvard answered my question. Not in a good way. But at least it did. Now I just need Yale.

Fauxtog, I live on Broadway near Central Square. I love the city, too, but it looks like I'll be moving this summer! :)

cool! well, good luck wherever you're headed!

Sorry to hear that, figurefive. That also means, however, that my rejection letter must be in the mail. Since the letter is being sent to my parents' address in New Mexico (I'm in the UK), I imagine it should get there either tomorrow or Monday.

Edited by Emerson

Anyone who got the Harvard letter via postal service notice a change in status on the website? I'm getting ready to go out of town and am wondering if it'll be worth refreshing, or if I'll have to wait until I get home to be rejected.

Have not noticed a change on the website status since receiving my reject letter in the mail on Friday.

Someone mentioned on the results board that Yale admitted 8 for American Studies this year. I'm assuming it's a safe bet that if I haven't heard by now it's probably not good news...?

well i hope NYU American Studies will be notifying everyone soon! it's lame that they've made decisions but haven't let anyone know. of course, i'm also really scared to know because it sounds like it's highly likely that it will be a rejection with acceptance rates like 2%. ugh.

Who posted the rejection from Michigan's American Culture?

I haven't visited before and thought I'd contribute to the discussion here. I recieved my call from Michigan in the second week for February - at that time the DGS told me that those of us who'd been accepted had all been notified.

As for NYU - I got an email from a grad student friend who said it was good news for me and that all acceptances would be out in the next week - but who knows.

Good Luck all.....

Yale is the one that I've been waiting on and if the above posting is correct (that all accepted were notified by the 1st), oh well. Getting in at 2 out of 3 makes me happy. But still, it would've been nice.

Edited by 35mm

I just got an e-mail today from Minnesota that they are just now sending my app for review. Anyone else have this late of a review? Seems like decisions might not be final if they haven't looked at my app yet?

Anyone know when Minnesota or Rutgers will send out their decisions(rejections lol)? I haven't heard a darned thing and its making me crazy. I need to plan "PLAN B" with my husband!

after building up the courage for several days, i called rutgers last week to ask if accepted students had already been notified, but the student worker with whom i'd spoken had no idea. i took that as an omen and vowed never to use the telephone again.

i'm assuming at this point they've got to be rejections, but it would be nice to know for sure.

I haven't visited before and thought I'd contribute to the discussion here. I recieved my call from Michigan in the second week for February - at that time the DGS told me that those of us who'd been accepted had all been notified.

As for NYU - I got an email from a grad student friend who said it was good news for me and that all acceptances would be out in the next week - but who knows.

Good Luck all.....

hey, have you received your decision from NYU yet?