Where are the American Studies people!?

jlennon33

i've been in touch with minnesota and they said all the acceptances have gone out. i've been trying to figure out my status on the waiting list.

this is what i know about minnesota:

they have 6 spots

they admitted 10 people

there are 3 people (myself included) on the waiting list

the waiting list is not ranked

that's all i know!

as for usc: my last count was 7 rejections and 1 acceptance on the results page. and still no word from them on my app.

i've been in touch with minnesota and they said all the acceptances have gone out. i've been trying to figure out my status on the waiting list.

this is what i know about minnesota:

they have 6 spots

they admitted 10 people

there are 3 people (myself included) on the waiting list

the waiting list is not ranked

that's all i know!

as for usc: my last count was 7 rejections and 1 acceptance on the results page. and still no word from them on my app.

interesting... does your website status reflect your waiting list status?

dead silence from all these programs really is lovely.

my status is listed on minnesota's site (and i received an email directing me to the site, but about 3 weeks after hearing my status from a faculty member).

as for michigan, there's nothing new on my status for their site. but i was emailed by a faculty member this weekend and i called michigan this morning to confirm...

sorry, hope this info helps... :unsure:

oh, i also know that michigan only had 6 spots this year too.

american studies here! i'm at w&m finishing up a master's and applied to 8 programs in either american studies, american culture studies, or cultural studies: george mason, bowling green, st louis u, and universities of michigan, iowa, texas, maryland, and kansas. I just got accepted to kansas (via website) no news on funding and nothing from any other schools.

my interests are in popular culture and im writing my thesis on Mormonism in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight-- since it's a hot and sexy topic, i'm hoping that'll help my chances at a phd program.

anyone else in at KU?

Yay! I've been hovering around the History forum and was wondering where the American Studies forum was. Glad I've found my people!

Of the 12 programs I've applied to, 3 are American Studies / Civ -- Harvard, Yale, and Brown -- and the rest are History. Haven't heard a peep from any of the American Studies programs, and it sounds like from past results that the programs will come back next week at the earliest. My interests are in Asian American studies (Yale and Brown have good PAs), visual culture / art history (Harvard and Yale have good PAs), and public history / museum studies (Brown has a good PA).

So far I've heard back from Berkeley and Northwestern, and plan to visit them in early and mid-March. I intend to do interdisciplinary work wherever I end up, so, if I can find a good match at a history program that will let me do that (which I've heard is true at Berkeley), then I'll be significantly less worried about my chances.

Good luck to all!

Hey everyone,

American Studies lady here! I've applied at Michigan, Minnesota, Rutgers (and their Womens and Gender Studies program), and NYU. I am afraid I have been rejected by Minnesota based on this forum-I've heard NOTHING from ANYONE. Ugh!

I'm on pins and needles here waiting. So anxious! I'll make sure to update the minute I hear anything! :)

Hey everyone,

American Studies lady here! I've applied at Michigan, Minnesota, Rutgers (and their Womens and Gender Studies program), and NYU. I am afraid I have been rejected by Minnesota based on this forum-I've heard NOTHING from ANYONE. Ugh!

I'm on pins and needles here waiting. So anxious! I'll make sure to update the minute I hear anything! :)

I've applied to Rutgers' WGST program as well-- haven't heard anything! But, judging from the results page, it's not looking good for that program.

Last year Yale notified on the equivalent of today...but nada so far....thoughts?

could have something to do with the big snowstorm on the east coast. i'm not sure if CT is getting snow, but i know NJ and NY are expected to get quite a bit.

could have something to do with the big snowstorm on the east coast. i'm not sure if CT is getting snow, but i know NJ and NY are expected to get quite a bit.

Oh yeah. Good call. As I sit and watch said snowstorm from my office in NYC, I should have thought of that.