MPH Canada Fall 2017

Shd90

1 hour ago, EmPeeAych said:

Yeah, I had a similar GPA but less "health promo" related experiences, but a lot of other ones that had transferrable skills? I am also out of province. I am pretty disappointed about it, oh well! Who knows what they are looking for. 

I am curious: what and where was your undergrad? I am sorry to hear about your denial and hope you get into another program of your choice.

i am anxious because I am also out of province but had my undergrad in the province..

3 hours ago, becca17 said:

I was just rejected from U of A MPH Health Promotion (Distance). I'm a bit surprised since I have an 87.5 average in my last two years of undergrad and paid work experience in the health promotion field. However, based on stats on the U of A website, the majority of accepted students are from Alberta and I'm from out of province, so that may have contributed to their decision. Not too disappointed though since it was my last choice and I've already accepted an offer at Queen's! 

My MPH Health Promotion application to U of A was out of province as well

44 minutes ago, a1616 said:

was accepted to waterloo yesterday! received an email about it this morning. i guess they are still accepting applicants.

Congrats! Still waiting to hear back from them...

Hi! I'm joining a bit late so much of this may have been answered. 

I've been accepted into Waterloo and lakehead (nursing stream) so far and Still waiting to hear from sask and uvic (nursing focus). I'm doing distance as I work full time. 

I'd love some insight into the pros and cons of each school. Any experiences you guys may have... etc

I haven't heard much about lakehead is it a good program?

Thank you so much! I hope you all get into your dream school!!!

6 hours ago, lmm said:

@vancouverrunner UVic has given me until April 24th to accept or decline. I would imagine if there's a second round of people to be contacted that they will be doing so at that point :)

Oooh uVic is my top choice! I don't really have a ranking after that lol hopefully will have a decision next week! 

This stream is lovely btw!

Got rejected from UoA few hours ago :( Don't have much hopes from UoT.

So I Guess my chances to study at Canada are doomed for now.

All the best to all of them who are still waiting and congratulations to ones who got in!!

Has anyone sent an email to memorial concerning their application status? My application status says decision made but I have not heard from them. I already had a rejection from McMaster. Hopefully this is good news.

3 hours ago, ernmy said:

Has anyone sent an email to memorial concerning their application status? My application status says decision made but I have not heard from them. I already had a rejection from McMaster. Hopefully this is good news.

I sent an email, and haven't heard back yet! I will update you when/if I do!

16 hours ago, Kurisu said:

I got accepted into University of Alberta yesterday in the epidemiology stream.  I didn't get an email, but a letter was uploaded onto the application portal.  Hopefully everyone else hears back soon!

Was the letter under the messages section of the applicant portal? The portal still says "under review" for my application, and Beartracks says "decision pending". I'm so eager to know either way!

Has anyone checked their Bear Tracks portal and had a to-do list item asking to send them transcripts? I thought all we had to do was upload transcripts onto the applications portal when we applied. 

Hello everyone,

Long-time follower of this thread so I thought I'd finally make an account. I graduated from the health studies program last year at Waterloo and applied to U of T DLSPH Epi stream and Guelph MPH and didn't get into either school. Took a year off to work/travel and this year I've applied to UBC MSc. in Population and Public Health, UWaterloo MSc. Public Health and Health Systems, and U of T MPH program Epi stream. So far I have received an offer for UBC MSc. program and UWaterloo MSc program. Feeling pretty good so far about my application but I know how competitive U of T MPH program is. For anyone who hasn't had much luck this year with their applications I hope that you keep you head high...doesn't mean you can't or won't be able to improve for next year.

17 hours ago, WaitingforAdmission said:

I am curious: what and where was your undergrad? I am sorry to hear about your denial and hope you get into another program of your choice.

i am anxious because I am also out of province but had my undergrad in the province..

bachelors of science at mcmaster

9 hours ago, mph_hopeful!! said:

I sent an email, and haven't heard back yet! I will update you when/if I do!

I also sent an email and was told i would find out the decision by mail soon. Do they send acceptances too by mail? im having a bad feeling about this.

2 hours ago, lattes said:

Has anyone checked their Bear Tracks portal and had a to-do list item asking to send them transcripts? I thought all we had to do was upload transcripts onto the applications portal when we applied. 

i just checked BearTracks with a request of official transcripts... with a due date on March 21st...... so I couriered official transcripts this am to them and sent an email.. im still "Under Review" so im praying that it is still a good sign but man thank you so much for pointing this out or else I wouldn't have even looked at BearTracks!

@NorthernGalMPHHopeful You're welcome! I haven't checked my Bear Tracks until today, I've just been looking at my application portal (which was dumb, I should've been more vigilant). Then I saw that I needed to send official transcripts a long time ago and sent them today, praying this doesn't ruin my application. Moral of the story - check your Bear Tracks people!! 

Edited by lattes

2 minutes ago, lattes said:

@NorthernGalMPHHopeful You're welcome! I haven't checked my Bear Tracks until today, I've just been looking at my application portal (which was dumb, I should've been more vigilant). Then I saw that I needed to send official transcripts a long time ago and sent them today with that wonderful pit in my stomach, hoping this doesn't ruin my application. Moral of the story - check your Bear Tracks people!! 

did your application have a priority number assigned to it too? (only on Bear Tracks- not the other Portal)

Hey,

U of A applicant here as well. I do not think your bear tracks to do list is relevant until you are offered an admission. In order for them to make a decision on your application what was outlined on the SPH page should be enough. I understand the stress and constant checking and looking for any signs, but I am sure you all did enough from the what is required perspective. Same goes for the priority numbers as well.

Edited by apemodern

1 minute ago, apemodern said:

Hey,

U of A applicant here as well. I do not think your bear tracks to do list is relevant until you are offered an admission. In order for them to make a decision on your application what was outlined on the SPH page should be enough. I understand the stress and constant, but I am sure you all did enough from the what is required perspective.

Im hoping you're right. thanks for the confidence boost :)  Im assuming you are still also "Under Review"?