MPH Canada Fall 2017

Shd90

10 hours ago, friesandwater said:

So do you think an MSc would be a disadvantage a person is looking to work in the government after their degree? 

Anyone can chime in if they know anything! 

Nope not at all! It really depends on the type of position you're applying to, for example many government epidemiologists have MSc's.

So I need to decide if I want Waterloo or lakehead, but still waiting on uvic and usask. Uvic is my top Choice. 

Can anyone speak to Waterloo's program or lakehead?! (Nursing stream)

Edited by NinjaNurse

On 4/25/2017 at 1:11 PM, hchan said:

Hey,

Congrats to everyone who got accepted into U of A!

I am still (not) patiently waiting to hear back from them and the wait is honestly driving me up the wall. I was wondering if anyone who applied to the Health Promotion stream of the MPH at U of A has heard back from the school?

I am also still waiting for a response from U of A MPH Health Promotion - it is making me crazy! I probably check the graduate application portal 5-7 times per day.

I think if I don't hear back from them by tomorrow I will send them an email. I am waiting to hear from them before accepting a different offer.

International students need to apply for visas too. They (universities) should consider that getting visas is a long and tedious process taking on average 3 to 4 months ...so they should inform about their decisions asap.

When I applied to US universities last yr through Sophas, i got all my decisions by mid march.

Still waiting for UofT and Waterloo and its May soon..

Just got an email that I've been recommended for admission to U of T's MPH Epidemiology! Good luck to those still waiting to hear.

Will be declining offers to Waterloo, UVic, and Queen's for those hoping to get off the wait lists.

I got an offer for UofT's epidemiology program today. I will be turning it down because I have accepted an offer to a clinical psych program instead. A space should open up for one of you, shortly :)

I also got into Epidemiology at UofT. Im so thrilled (it was the only place i applied / wanted to go) . Congrats to the others who got in and are accepted-- can't wait to meet you in the fall! 

Best of luck to those still waiting!!!!!!

Congratulations to all those who got accepted at DLSPH!!  I'm still waiting to hear some good news. Would any of you like sharing how were you informed? Was it a mass email or a personal email to everyone? Also has any of yours status changed on sgs? 

Edited by Shd90

2 hours ago, Shd90 said:

Congratulations to all those who got accepted at DLSPH!!  I'm still waiting to hear some good news. Would any of you like sharing how were you informed? Was it a mass email or a personal email to everyone? Also has any of yours status changed on sgs? 

By email, personalized in that it has my name and applicant number but the rest is generic I'm sure. SGS still says under review. Good luck! Hope you hear soon :)

anyone from UofT here who got an unofficial offer for UofT's MPH Epidemiology? Our uoft email addresses are currently going through an outage and I guess they sent out some offers right before? 

Edited by blind_faith

9 hours ago, blind_faith said:

anyone from UofT here who got an unofficial offer for UofT's MPH Epidemiology? Our uoft email addresses are currently going through an outage and I guess they sent out some offers right before? 

@blind_faith if you don't mind me asking, UofT email address? What are you talking about? 

3 hours ago, Tahnin said:

@blind_faith if you don't mind me asking, UofT email address? What are you talking about? 

I'm trying to find out if any students who just graduated from uoft received an email directly to their uoft student email address  about an offer before the scheduled outage for the uoft mail server for all students and alumni. It seems that a couple of offers were sent right before the outage at 6pm yesterday (server will resume back in service at 6pm on may 1st). I'm sure this doesn't affect DLSPH's selection schedule. Congrats to all who got an offer :) 

Anyone who got accepted to UofA, do you have a date by when you need to accept the offer? I'm waitlisted and trying to gauge when I might hear something.  

1 hour ago, blind_faith said:

I'm trying to find out if any students who just graduated from uoft received an email directly to their uoft student email address  about an offer before the scheduled outage for the uoft mail server for all students and alumni. It seems that a couple of offers were sent right before the outage at 6pm yesterday (server will resume back in service at 6pm on may 1st). I'm sure this doesn't affect DLSPH's selection schedule. Congrats to all who got an offer :) 

Thank you @blind_faith

On 2017年4月26日 at 9:57 AM, peejthedeej said:

Hi everyone,

Received an offer from UofA this morning for MPH in Health Policy and Management and am going to accept it :). If any of you are also heading to UofA, feel free to message me! Best of luck to those still waiting!

Cheers!

Congratulations!!! And I'm so glad I finally found this forum, I've also applied for U of A(Health Policy and Management specialization) and been still waiting and crossing my fingers. If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? Because I'm so worried and nearly panicking, I really hope I'll hear some good news these days!!!