MPH Canada Fall 2017

Shd90

35 minutes ago, pugsareneat said:

U of T people who were accepted earlier: were you required to put a deposit down when accepting your offer? If so, how much was it? (Trying to figure out how much time I have to choose between it and SFU!!)

No deposit!

6 hours ago, friesandwater said:

For people who got into UofT health promotion, when is the deadline to accept? 

2 weeks from when we receive the official email from grad studies (which I haven't gotten yet- also worth noting I was accepted the second round I think, not first) 

20 hours ago, Dkp11 said:

Bro  whats ur profile.

Application date?

Actually i m still waiting for lakehead uni. 

medicine degree with 3.5 GPA

research and some clinical experience

reasonable volunteer as well

do u have any other back up plan ??

did they reply u yet or still waiting??

:(

On 5/6/2017 at 11:10 PM, dr_pakistan said:

Any international applicants got into any Canadian Mph programs tyear ? Will appreciate your response.

I am an international candidate still waiting to hear from U of T Epi and Uni of Waterloo MPH program though already accepted my LSHTM offer.

i am from india and was awaiting the response which i think ,i should give up.Despite my masters in food and nutrition and good experience with international ngo's i don't know why i could not get through other uni's ...i haven't applied anywhere else ..i am disappointed! 

1 hour ago, mariont19 said:

Those who got in to U of T epi, when is your deadline to accept?

Two weeks from when official offer emails are sent out. I received an unofficial offer ("recommendation for admission") from DLSPH Epi division on April 28th but have not yet received the official offer email from the School of Graduate Studies.

Is there any value in contacting U of T's MPH epi department to ask about admission status? I'm under review on SGS whereas I can see a few folks have already gotten in. 

@s_mph I emailed them on Friday but have got no reply. Let me know if you hear back from them. And I don't think the status has changed for even those who have got an offer its says pending for everyone. Good luck to you!! 

55 minutes ago, Shd90 said:

@s_mph I emailed them on Friday but have got no reply. Let me know if you hear back from them. And I don't think the status has changed for even those who have got an offer its says pending for everyone. Good luck to you!! 

ok, thanks for letting me know. That's not helpful that the status hasn't changed regardless of admission decision lol. I'll email them this week and see if I can find out anything. Good luck to you too!

2 hours ago, lattes said:

My U of S portal changed to department recommend - conditional!

1 hour ago, MPHlife said:

I checked the U of S portal earlier today too and the decision has changed to "Dept Recommend - Conditional" as well

Congrats to both of you!!! I'm still waiting, kind of desperately, if you guys don't mind me asking, what are your stats? I wanna know whether I'm competitive or not. It's such a torture!!!!!!!

33 minutes ago, Caroline678 said:

Congrats to both of you!!! I'm still waiting, kind of desperately, if you guys don't mind me asking, what are your stats? I wanna know whether I'm competitive or not. It's such a torture!!!!!!!

No worries, I have a BSc in Natural Sciences with a 3.71 GPA based on my last 60 credits (had to do an open studies year after I graduated to boost my grades). I have been working in science education for the past year both teaching and tutoring. I do a bit of volunteering work and my major role is with a health charity with whom I've been volunteering with since I was in high school at both the local and national level, so I mostly talked about that in my LOI. Hope that helps, feel free to PM me if you have any more questions or want more details :)

3 hours ago, lattes said:

My U of S portal changed to department recommend - conditional! 

3 hours ago, MPHlife said:

I checked the U of S portal earlier today too and the decision has changed to "Dept Recommend - Conditional" as well

Congratulations, guys!! Maybe I will see you there!

14 hours ago, dr_pakistan said:

Probably they have a quota system (limited # of seats for international students) and their first priority is to accept Canadian residents.

40 seats are available for each course at each university and this year they got a record number of applicants (more than 400) so the rejection ratio is more than 90% !

Its all because of Trump's policies as more international applicants (including Canadians)  are avaoiding applying to US universities (resulting in 400 perecent increase in MPH Canada applicants this year.

I got 7 US mph acceptances last year but couldnt get the student visa. Most universities have deferred my admission to this yr but i wont risk getting another US visa refusal.

That's really bad ...i was much confident about my application ..didnot expect this..i wish they had specified the number of seats and availability for international students so that i could have planned it better..anyways ! All the best 

On 5/8/2017 at 6:20 AM, Munazza said:

medicine degree with 3.5 GPA

research and some clinical experience

reasonable volunteer as well

do u have any other back up plan ??

did they reply u yet or still waiting??

:(

I am still waiting.

No reply from them

On 5/8/2017 at 1:21 AM, NinjaNurse said:

I go to accepted for the mph nursing program. Need to reply by may 12

I am in waitlist. Lakehead university.. No reply from them yet.. 

Actually if u deny ur admit. Dan. They wil send offers to waitlisted?? 

Hi everyone!

This forum helped me a lot as well as drove me insane during this process haha. Just wondering if anyone else will be joining me at UofA for Health Promotion (distance/online)?