University of Texas anyone?

realsoc

Yes I have seen that someone on claimed to be admitted mid-December last year, but the norm from what I can tell is a reply mid to late February. My husband is getting a phD from Texas so it's all or nothing for me on this one and I am definitely stressed.

• 2 weeks later...

Grad secretary said they meet next week, I think she said the 20th and first round acceptances will go out after that. GOOD LUCK ALL!

Wow! That's so exciting!

Living through Chicago winter has convinced me that I need to move south. Austin is rising higher and higher up my list..

I have been itching to feel some of that Austin weather as well.

Although it's raining today it was 65 and sunny just a few days ago. However summer can get harsh it was over 100 for a few weeks straight when I first moved here in August.

We could know something this week.. Unimaginable. I am getting increasingly anxious.

Texas was my worst application because the deadline was just too early for me. I wasn't ready yet. I had spelling issues on the first two pages of my writing sample. Ugh. I need that rejection out of the way.

Texas is actually my number one choice, though I had some of the issues you had with the early submission. After Texas it was all downhill, unfortunately I want to be in Austin more than anywhere else (interests and location wise).

I forced myself into not deciding what my top choice is. I would pretty much love to go anywhere I applied. I heard great things about Austin, of course. My current interests are slightly different from what's being done in the department right now, but with the amazing resources there you can be quite experimental, I think.

I forced myself into not deciding what my top choice is. I would pretty much love to go anywhere I applied. I heard great things about Austin, of course. My current interests are slightly different from what's being done in the department right now, but with the amazing resources there you can be quite experimental, I think.

yeah, I feel all of that. only I got a bit desperate and depressed when you said you heard from emory, because I applied there too. half joking.

yeah, I feel all of that. only I got a bit desperate and depressed when you said you heard from emory, because I applied there too. half joking.

oops. I apologize for my excessive online celebrations.. You can go all out when you get a big YES from Texas and I will be hiding in some corner:)

To both of you- what are your interests? You both applied to more than two of the same schools as I did. Although I'm sure I could search around to find out, for now it's easier to ask here.

Medical soc & science and technology.. Yourself?

Hi Everyone! I've been lurking for a while and decided to join in. I really love the Texas program and would love to go. Everything I have heard about Austin has been extremely positive. I hope we hear soon. FYI my interests are in family, stratification, and social psych. I hate the waiting process it is just brutal!