ENMU 2nd Bachelor's

If there's anyone out there who earned a 2nd bachelor's in communication disorders with ENMU's online program, could you please share with me your experience.  Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. I saw that the ENMU 2nd bachelor's degree contains 14 courses (38 credit hours) in the field of Communication Disorder. I wonder whether they are all the courses I need to take in order to receive the 2nd bachelor's degree? Or, does the 2nd bachelor's degree also require any other courses?

On 8/4/2016 at 4:35 PM, copaceticbroad said:

I didn't get a 2nd bachelor's there; I just took leveling courses. What do you want to know?

I just noticed your response.  I just wanted to know overall how you felt about the program.  what the courses were like; ya know the usual.  

It's a decent program, I think. Since I worked about 50 hours a week while taking each class, I wasn't incredibly motivated or giving it my best effort, but I learned a good amount. There are two important points, though.

1. The 8 week classes are INTENSE. They cover a lot of material in that timeframe, though some professors (Swift) more than others. When possible, I took 16 week classes.

Also, 2. In my experience, the better classes are taught by on-campus professors. There was one professor (Melinda something) who taught online sections, but as far as I could tell, all she ever did was grade. The materials and assignments were designed by other professors, and she never provided lectures. Consequently, her classes were pretty easy A's, but I would have liked to have learned more.

Thanks for the response.  I'm glad you told me that about the 8-week classes!  Even though you worked 50-hours a week, you still had a pretty awesome GPA and you were accepted into really awesome schools, so that makes me feel pretty good.  

I was actually going to do USU's program originally, but they're really strict about the amount of classes they transfer over and I had also taken a majority of their required CSD courses through a university near my hometown.  Since they weren't giving me much leeway with transferring courses I decided to do ENMU's program.  

I'm with you on the whole wanting to learn more part, but it sounds like a pretty easy going program from what you're telling me, which I'm okay with that because I work A LOT too.  Do you think their program prepared you well for your graduate program?  

I will have to let you know- I haven't started yet :)

To be perfectly honest, I think the best preparation for this graduate program is my past experience- I already have one master's degree and I've worked in schools for 7 years. The practical experience and my usual work ethic will hopefully stand me in good stead.

5 hours ago, copaceticbroad said:

I will have to let you know- I haven't started yet :)

To be perfectly honest, I think the best preparation for this graduate program is my past experience- I already have one master's degree and I've worked in schools for 7 years. The practical experience and my usual work ethic will hopefully stand me in good stead.

I see.  Also, one last question, how many hours of ENMU's courses did you take per semester?

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/23/2018 at 10:39 AM, Carlyfish said:

Did you end up taking courses here? 

If you read her siggy it looks like they've already graduated from ENMU.

I'm currently enrolled in their 2ND BA program. PM if you have any questions.