Should I Retake the GRE?

grephd

Hi grephd,

PhD Programs tend to be highly competitive - since there are so few available 'spots', every aspect of each application is given serious consideration. Whether your GRE score is competitive for the Programs that you plan to apply to or not depends on the specific Programs themselves. You should be able to contact each Program/Department directly and ask questions though (including what type of GRE score is 'expected' from applicants), so I suggest that you start there. If you find that you need to improve your GRE score, then you should post back here and we talk through your studies going forward.

GRE Masters aren't born, they're made,

Rich

1 hour ago, EMPOWERgreRichC said:

Hi grephd,

PhD Programs tend to be highly competitive - since there are so few available 'spots', every aspect of each application is given serious consideration. Whether your GRE score is competitive for the Programs that you plan to apply to or not depends on the specific Programs themselves. You should be able to contact each Program/Department directly and ask questions though (including what type of GRE score is 'expected' from applicants), so I suggest that you start there. If you find that you need to improve your GRE score, then you should post back here and we talk through your studies going forward.

GRE Masters aren't born, they're made,

Rich

Thank you for your response. I will call the programs and respond accordingly.