Sports!

digits2006

Sometimes I hope I get in a certain school because of the sports teams around. It would be nice to get into Kentucky because they have a top ranked mens basketball. FIU is in Miami, they have a NFL team there in miami. University of florida has a top ranked college football team. Just things I think about as I sit and wait. And...im still waiting on my last LOR for my Dec 15 deadline..ahhh But anyways, does anyone else think about sports when hoping to get into schools?

I'm coming from a top basketball school, which was an amazing experience, especially since we won the national championship a couple of years ago, but now I'm off to more "academic" school (I hope).

Yes, but for a slightly different reason - I'm a life-long PSU football fan, so when I think about it's more like

maybe they don't have a football team -----> maybe it's in a different division -----> aw crap, so just how many undergrads are going to aggravate me when I wear my Nittany Lions jersey on game days...

I thought about sports when I applied. I almost exclusively applied to schools with solid reputations in college football, both for my MA and my PhD. If they weren't tops in football, I took a look at the college basketball team... Not that I go to games now but I did have season tickets to football during my MA.