I'll be applying for Fall 2017 Masters programs in the US and was wondering if there was any advantage of applying early?

Of the 9 colleges that I am planning on applying to only U of Chicago has an "early action" deadline. If I apply early do I get my reply earlier? Is my application evaluated earlier? 

Any help is appreciated Thanks :D

2017-2018 Application will open in Fall 2016.
Program Deposit is $350.

• Early Action: Priority - Highest chance of acceptance for qualified applications with the earliest guaranteed decision date. Early Action gives you the opportunity to lock in your spot to MPCS first. We will review your application and make acceptance decisions before Round 1 applicants. If you apply for Early Action, you are not committed to attending the program, even if you are accepted.
  • Round 1: High chance of acceptance for qualified applications. Round 1 applicants will be reviewed after all Early Action applications are processed. Round 1 gives you the flexibility to apply closer to your desired start date, but still allows you to lock in your spot before other applicants.
  • Round 2: Moderate chance of acceptance for qualified applications. Round 2 applicants will be reviewed after all Early Action applications and Round 1 applications are processed. Round 2 allows you to decide if you want to apply for MPCS closer to the start day. Last round available for International students.
  • Round 3: Only for US and domestic applicants and the most flexible option. This may be the best option for those needing the most flexibilty before enrolling.

As a side note: Chicago states that successful applicants usually have at least
  • Verbal: 50th percentile and above
  • Quantitative: 80th percentile and above

This would be equal to 151V and 162Q. It's important to know that meeting these scores do not guarantee admission though.

•  

Edited by Warelin
Added information