Please grade my new issue essay

hopefulPA2B

Taking the GRE is just a few days! I've been working really hard on the other sections, but am worrying a bit about the essays...Thanks in advance for looking at this,everything you need is below. Here is a scoring guide as well: https://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/prepare/analytical_writing/issue/scoring_guide

The Issue:

The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

My response:

In the before mentioned statement the author states that instilling a sense of cooperation, not competition, will better prepare the youth of a society for leadership roles. To the contrary, I myself agree that with a correct balance of the two qualities, competition will induce leadership for the next generation of leaders.
    First, one must recognize the fact that competition rears growth. This is what makes the capitalistic economy in America so great. For instance, businesses of all kinds are able to compete with each other to better appeal to their consumer. In order to maintain and increase productivity, they must continue trying and experimenting with the product so that consumer is more likely to buy from their company. This is advantageouss to the society, because -since these companies are allowed to compete- new and improved products are available to choose from.
    In addition, creativity will spark one's imagination to think critically and for oneself. If one is only taught to be exactly obedient in all things, then we could not grow as a society, thus hindering the creativity, as partly discussed in the above paragraph. In short, every member in the society would be nothing more than a robot, not able to think for themselves.
    At the same time, competition could easily be taken to the extreme. Someone that is too competitive can be a danger to society. For example, in presidential elections, some politicians will go as far as to lie and spread falsehoods about the opposing candidate in an effort to win the vote from the public. In this way, too much competition could damage a person's good caracter or create ill will for another person.  One must remember to balance competition with a good dose of cooperation as to be fair to all parties in society.
    In the end, when preparing the next generation for taking on leadership roles in society, the older generation must not forget to teach friendly competition along with a fair dosage of cooperation. Forgetting to teach one without the other would mean shorthanding those young people, and suffering from inevitable future consequences.