Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

8 minutes ago, ark23 said:

Can confirm, I got an offer of admission today with funding details, offer letter, accepted students weekend info. 

Congrats.

6 minutes ago, ugurcanevci said:

Is your sub-field theory or something else?

I take it from this that you're also waiting for a reply? What's your subfield?

No, it was me not a troll.

I've received a mail from the department an hour ago. (It is 5 A.M here, but who cares?)

BU result is real. Trust me.

Edited by Pygmalion

8 minutes ago, Pygmalion said:

No, it was me not a troll.

I've received a mail from the department an hour ago. (It is 5 A.M here, but who cares?)

BU result is real. Trust me.

did you get into Higgs too?

1 hour ago, Kenga said:

At least they know how to write Higgs-Boson... so, good for them!
What I think is even better is the 3.00 in the Writing section of the GRE that apparently is enough to get into Boson University.
That seems to be a very low ranked school

That post has been now deleted...

But this comment is rude and disgusting.

3 minutes ago, Pygmalion said:

I'm sorry if I offended you, but neither Higgs University nor Boson University are real places.

I confirm a UIUC waitlist, and this is the first notification I received by now. As far as I know from the email, UIUC's first round of admissions had been completed. So if you receive no notification, you are at least not selected in the first round.

8 minutes ago, Pygmalion said:

No offense, but those were troll posts. There is nothing wrong with pointing out trolls for being trolls... 

2 minutes ago, Kenga said:

I'm sorry if I offended you, but neither Higgs University nor Boson University are real places.

It's okay cause I'm not so offended.

It was my "bottom" choice and I also acknowledge that they would not be the "real places" for most applicants.

I just want to say that judging an argument (and a department) with mere GRE writing score is definitely not a good choice, especially if you are going to be a graduate student.

5 minutes ago, Pygmalion said:

It was my "bottom" choice and I also acknowledge that they would not be the "real places" for most applicants.

I just want to say that judging an argument (and a department) with mere GRE writing score is definitely not a good choice, especially if you are going to be a graduate student.

They aren't mocking Boston University. They're making fun of Boson University, which was a made up school with made up stats by a troll trying to make a funny. And so, they were referring to the the fake stats as funny because, if they were real, they would likely have indicated a not-so-great school as it would not have been very competitive. 

EDIT: Am I feeding a troll now?

Edited by tkid86

2 minutes ago, Pygmalion said:

3 minutes ago, Pygmalion said:

Hahaha, Oh sorry.

Now I understand what was wrong with there... Boson... not Boston... 

It is not 6AM and I haven't slept at all today.

Yeah. It was my mistake lol...

3 minutes ago, tkid86 said:

They aren't mocking Boston University. They're making fun of Boson University, which was a made up school with made up stats by a troll trying to make a funny. And so, they were referring to the the fake stats as funny because, if they were real, they would likely have indicated a not-so-great school as it would not have been very competitive. 

I'm pretty sure, but not certain. 

3 minutes ago, tkid86 said:

No no.

It was my mistake.

2 minutes ago, Pygmalion said:

No no.

It was my mistake.

maybe you should just go back to sleep. Where in Asia are you? I traveled all throughout. It really is lovely.

2 minutes ago, resDQ said:

maybe you should just go back to sleep. Where in Asia are you? I traveled all throughout. It really is lovely.

A small peninsula with two great dictators.

2 minutes ago, .letmeinplz// said:

Yeah whatever happened to the southern one being led by a cult? Didn't hear anything after the protests happened.

Impeachment is coming soon.

The constitutional court of Korea said today they want to make the decision within the February.

2 hours ago, ark23 said:

American, focused on courts/judicial politics

Congrats! That's amazing. But based on results section, looks like there are two Theory acceptances claimed here, plus your American acceptance, making 3 accounted acceptances (they seem like they took 7 or so last year)... am I doing the math right here?

Edit: I am also assuming that the previous Northwestern from over a week ago was a troll

Edited by RevTheory1126
PS

Now that I know Northwestern results are coming out my productivity at work tomorrow will be zero. Who can focus on work when you can refresh your email instead?!