I graduated with my undergrad in Speech & Hearing Science from University at Buffalo last Fall (a semester early). I applied to schools last Spring & didn't get in to any (only applied to NY schools in the Long Island/NYC area). I know that I should broaden my horizon, especially since I have lower stats (GPA: 3.3 Major GPA: 3.1 GRE: VR-148, QR- 146, Writing- 3.5), but I don't really know what my next step should be other than to obviously retake my GRE. I retook a Acoustics course online with Utah State this fall because I got a C+ (my lowest grade in my major during undergrad) so I thought that would show effort, but what else is there to do?

I have been considering to going into Special Education, specifically because I have worked as a Head Start teacher and a teaching assistant in an elementary school within the past year, if speech doesn't work out. However I don't even know where to begin with finding schools for me or receiving LORs so late in the application season.

If anyone has any suggestions or been through this situation please help me out.