Interview Attire

whatsaname

On Friday, February 03, 2017 at 11:39 AM, periwinkle27 said:

Ladies on a budget, where are you shopping for your interview attire?

I'm pretty certain you've already purchased a suit, but just in case, I bought mine at a thrift store in a wealthyier area. The was $15, a quality brand name retailer, and it looked virtually unworn. I used to be creeped out by buying pre-workout clothes but a $15 suit was worth getting over it!

So this isn't necessarily about interview attire BUT I asked a school if it were possible for me to stop by and see the dept/meet the people due to receiving an acceptance from them after a phone interview. I'm not about to roll up in sweats or a full on suit but do you guys think nice top, nice jeans,flats would be okay? Or too informal?

1 hour ago, psychlife4me said:

So this isn't necessarily about interview attire BUT I asked a school if it were possible for me to stop by and see the dept/meet the people due to receiving an acceptance from them after a phone interview. I'm not about to roll up in sweats or a full on suit but do you guys think nice top, nice jeans,flats would be okay? Or too informal?

If you already have an acceptance, I think that would be fine! 

• 10 months later...
On 1/3/2017 at 6:12 PM, hsnl said:

Does anyone know where I can get a blazer or something to fit a very small person? I got an interview invite without much notice and I just went in basically every store in my subpar local mall and couldn't find anything that fit. I'm not that short but I am very thin, and professional clothing all seems to be huge on me for some reason. 

I have a feeling I'm going to have to buy a bunch of things online with express shipping... This is not going to be fun considering I'm both poor and Canadian. 

You could also try a thrift store. They oftentimes have name-brand items for cheap, and you could take it to a tailor as suggested above to have it fit to your shape. Depending on how thin/petite, you could always look at youth sizes and styles. 

*edit: just realize this post was from last January, but I’m leaving this here in case it can help anyone else  

Edited by LFPT03

On 2/4/2017 at 9:39 PM, SabDelta said:

I have exactly the same question! I will be 16-18 in Ann Arbor with absolutly no idea what to wear!

Hello, 

I am a lab manager in the psychology department at u of m and I am interviewing there during the clinical psych recruitment weekend. I plan to store my snow boots in my office. I dont mind if a few other candidates would like to do the same.