Fall 2010 Admission Results

Has anyone claimed the USC (POIR) acceptances from last Friday? I haven't heard anything, and I didn't see any mention in this thread.

mn06556 claimed acceptance a while ago. Apparently he was accepted for some special fellowship. I can tell you that my online status still indicates that my application is being reviewed. I'm anxious to hear from them. They seem to be taking longer than any other school!

Edited by gravityflyer

Post grad,

WUSTL notified by email all who were accepted. I got a rejection from there and got it in the mail. I would email them and ask. They were the first school to notify me.

Gah! I want to hear from Nebraska. I am supposed to hear next week, but will be at a conference and they are mailing them :(

Anyhow, shouldn't complain. Was notified of a big honor for my thesis and made about $1,000.00 today.

I got a rejection from Pittsburgh a week ago in the mail after having called the graduate office, where they told me ALL letters were mailed out a week ago Tuesday. You may want to call and check on that.

amandaimeparis. Did you hear about funding from Rutgers yet? Where else have you been accepted? I don't want to be by myself there = )

To those still waiting on UCLA, I emailed Joseph Brown asking about my status and got this response:

The admission process is ongoing but will let you know within the next few weeks.

That's not really what I expected (I kind of just wanted to confirm my rejection). I guess it means a "few more weeks" of uncertainty.

i have been waiting for UCLA, Pittsburgh and Washington, St.Louis

but haven't heard anything from them so far, shall i assume it's a rejection?

I received a rejection from Pitt by mail last week.

Has anybody heard anything from Arizona?

Edited by LeftCoast

To those still waiting on UCLA, I emailed Joseph Brown asking about my status and got this response:

The admission process is ongoing but will let you know within the next few weeks.

That's not really what I expected (I kind of just wanted to confirm my rejection). I guess it means a "few more weeks" of uncertainty.

Thanks for the update. I share your unease - I'm not sure how to interpret the delay. dry.gif

Notre Dame?

Just received a wait list notification from them approximately 10 minutes ago. From the DGS:

I'm writing to let you know that you are currently on the (very short) waiting list for the PhD program in the Department of Political Science at the University of Notre Dame.

We regret that we are unable to make you an admissions offer right now. We received more than 200 applications this year, and our applicant pool is extremely competitive. Our policy is to only admit Ph.D. students with funding (full tuition and a $17,000 annual stipend for at least five years), and budget constraints have limited the number of admissions we can make this year. We will let you know as soon as possible whether or not we can offer you a place in our program this year.

Would you please let me know by return e-mail whether you are still interested in graduate study at Notre Dame? We very much hope you are still interested, but if you are not it would help us to know soon so that we can consider other candidates if a place in our program becomes available.

Thank you for your interest in our graduate program. I look forward to hearing from you.

End of e-mail, now shifting into my commentary:

I am likely going to e-mail them on Monday letting them know I do not wish to remain on the wait list. However, I don't want to make any decisions like that until I consult with my undergraduate adviser on Monday, after Minnesota sends me a decision. Thus, for those of you also on the wait list, this should be good news.

Also, does anybody want to claim the UMN acceptance listed in the results database? Please don't let yesterday's incident make you think that you're going to get it rescinded or something if you claim it on GradCafe. It would just be helpful to those of us who applied to know whether the admits have already been sent out and if we thus shouldn't have to worry this weekend...

If you are nervous about posting it publicly, however, then feel free to PM me. I'd just be interested to know whether it was a mass e-mail or individual and what your subfield is. Thanks!

Edited by APGradApplicant

In at Michigan State! Goes to show ya, if you ask enough times on this here forum you're bound to hear sooner or later! Haha.

Awesome! This can serve as a lesson for all of us (but ESPECIALLY me!) that patience is a big key to this game...

amandaimeparis. Did you hear about funding from Rutgers yet? Where else have you been accepted? I don't want to be by myself there = )

Well, you won't be by yourself at Rutgers. I'm definitely going. I'll send the official notification back once we dig out of the major snowstorm we just had and the USPS gets running again. I still haven't heard about funding, though.