Fall 2010 Admission Results

So, what's the deal with JHU and Colorado? JHU needs to send out their decisions already! (Please, please, please...anyone know anything about anything out there on this here forum!? :D ) And, what's the deal wth Colorado? I haven't heard anything, and, when I called, the very nice graduate admissions assistant said that I "haven't been accepted yet." Is this an unoffical waitlist?--like the results board indicates, she said, there were a handful of admits already and they will be visiting, and that I "should expect to hear by April." What does it all mean!? :P

I second an inquiry into the situation of JHU? What's going on on the Baltimore front? :angry::lol:

I second an inquiry into the situation of JHU? What's going on on the Baltimore front? :angry::lol:

I also applied to JHU and emailed today to ask what was up with decisions. The response I got was "letters should be going out this week." This makes me somewhat concerned that if we haven't heard anything, we might be receiving a rejection letter. At the same time, it doesn't seem like very many people posted acceptances (or any wait lists for that matter) ...

I also applied to JHU and emailed today to ask what was up with decisions. The response I got was "letters should be going out this week." This makes me somewhat concerned that if we haven't heard anything, we might be receiving a rejection letter. At the same time, it doesn't seem like very many people posted acceptances (or any wait lists for that matter) ...

We saw two reported results and only one claim on this board. I mean, who knows. Let's hang in there :)

We saw two reported results and only one claim on this board. I mean, who knows. Let's hang in there :)

I like your attitude! I tend to be too fatalistic at times :)

A heads up on Colorado. It looks like last year and also even in past years, they've taken FOREVER to get back to people with rejections. Perhaps someone should eventually call and just figure wtf is going on...

I wish I could really believe that WashU isn't done accepting... :( (Does "sending out letters" mean good ol' snail-mail, or email?)

Ā 

Anyone know what's going on with Colorado? Are they accepting, rejecting, waitlisting? I mean C'MON, I just want to know... :unsure:

On 3/2/2010 at 8:42 PM, HarrisonWinslow said:

I wish I could really believe that WashU isn't done accepting... :( (Does "sending out letters" mean good ol' snail-mail, or email?)

Ā 

Anyone know what's going on with Colorado? Are they accepting, rejecting, waitlisting? I mean C'MON, I just want to know... :unsure:

Repeat after me, WUSTL isn't done accepting. Do that for like 100 times, then you will really believe it :lol:

Looking forward to meeting all those coming to the POIR Preview at USC next week. Should be fun.

What preview? I haven't heard anything about this. I haven't received an acceptance or rejection, either, but I did receive a flyer from USC Financial Aid with FAFSA deadlines.

What preview? I haven't heard anything about this. I haven't received an acceptance or rejection, either, but I did receive a flyer from USC Financial Aid with FAFSA deadlines.

Ok. I found the info on the Grad Admission website. I wish they posted this in a more conspicuous place or even extended an invitation to applicants.

Ok. I found the info on the Grad Admission website. I wish they posted this in a more conspicuous place or even extended an invitation to applicants.

I'm still confused. Is this the "Meet USC" event that's listed throughout their calendar? How do we know its specifically for POIR? Regardless, I got frustrated and sent a note to Alex asking what's up?!

BTW, I too have received several pamphlets about the university! Screw that - at this point I just want admissions! tongue.gif

Edited by gravityflyer

I'm still confused. Is this the "Meet USC" event that's listed throughout their calendar? How do we know its specifically for POIR? Regardless, I got frustrated and sent a note to Alex asking what's up?!

BTW, I too have received several pamphlets about the university! Screw that - at this point I just want admissions! tongue.gif

The "Meet USC" events are actually for high school students. The only thing I could find for grad students was the general USC Grad Admissions USC Preview, not a POIR Preview. Bees, are you a current student at USC or were you just recently accepted? Also, where is the information for a POIR specific Preview?

Edited by allevolve

Well, I don't know if anyone is following the gruesome car accident unfolding at the job rumors site. Let this be a lesson (among other things) not to ask that board to help you arrive at an admission decision.

Huh? Car accident? Decisions? I am very confused.

Well, I don't know if anyone is following the gruesome car accident unfolding at the job rumors site. Let this be a lesson (among other things) not to ask that board to help you arrive at an admission decision.

Oh come on. It's not that big a deal. I wouldn't care if I were R/C. :D

Edited by It'sgonnabeme

Yeah, in case nobody noticed, I posted a question about the programs I'm considering and while I received some helpful feedback, I also at the same time walked into a lion's den. Oops! Last time I use that site! ohmy.gif