Fall 2010 Admission Results

I did my part by pulling myself off the waitlist the other week! I hope that helped, although it may well not have as I was probably behind you guys on it, haha. Anyhow, thought that would be at least a little reassuring for you guys (meaning UND waiters) to know.

Heck yea - definitely appreciated nevertheless! smile.gif

If I remember correctly, your field is theory?

Edited by gravityflyer

Withdrew offers from the following schools:

Texas Tech

Ole Miss

Florida International

Louisiana State

Washington State

Kentucky

Not sure if this helps anyone, but I hope it does!

actually I haven't been waitlisted, rejected, or accepted. I've heard nothing...

Hey, I strongly suggest you drop an email to the universities you have applied. You know what might happen? Unbelievable ! They may miss your application materials and the department committee may never receive or reviewe your case. Don't believe that? That happened exactly in my case this year when I applied XX university. At last minute, my application has been submitted to the department after umpteenth times of communication and requiries and at this time my peers have got answers from the univeristies.

So don't freak out and be proactive when you heared nothing. Besides admission, rejection and waitlist, there is one more option-that is- ignored or missing! Don't be angry. Graduate officers are humans, who could make occasional mistakes. So don't waste your time to wait for it passively and desparately. Ask, ask and keep asking until knowing the exact answer from them! You are entitled the right to do so. Figure crossed for you.

Best,

A very real possibility at this point in the game: what do programs that have midnight deadlines for next Thursday do about waitlistees if admits don't accept? Would they all be rejected next Friday? Can acceptances still be emailed out after 4/15? If so, how long do people then have to deliberate?

A very real possibility at this point in the game: what do programs that have midnight deadlines for next Thursday do about waitlistees if admits don't accept? Would they all be rejected next Friday? Can acceptances still be emailed out after 4/15? If so, how long do people then have to deliberate?

The best way to go about finding an answer to your question is to inquire about this with the (presumably) two schools involved- where you'd go as of now and where you'd go if accepted from the wait list. That's what I have done so I am completely clear on the procedures, as the details of them can vary from place to place.

I have a feeling the next eight days are going to feel like the longest eight days of my life, haha.

Edited by APGradApplicant

The best way to go about finding an answer to your question is to inquire about this with the (presumably) two schools involved- where you'd go as of now and where you'd go if accepted from the wait list. That's what I have done so I am completely clear on the procedures, as the details of them can vary from place to place.

I have a feeling the next eight days are going to feel like the longest eight days of my life, haha.

If I recall correctly, you were forced into insomnia one night waiting for UCSD's next day decision. I predict the same will happen a week from today -- yes, I predict this will be up in the air until the very (hopefully not bitter) end.

If I recall correctly, you were forced into insomnia one night waiting for UCSD's next day decision. I predict the same will happen a week from today -- yes, I predict this will be up in the air until the very (hopefully not bitter) end.

That did happen, yes! And I agree with you that it's likely to happen again. Fun times! biggrin.gif

AP - What program will you be attending if Rochester doesn't work out?

UC-Davis, which would be great as well. I feel like it's a win-win situation, but Rochester is still my first choice.

Aren't you in a similar situation with two schools? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to say on the public board.

Have you decided where you are attending?

Curiousgeorge- If you check the "In Fall 2010, I'll Be Attending..." post, gsams wrote the following: Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:35 PM

I will also be attending Mizzou with Left Coast!

There's the answer you're looking for...

surprise surprise, the only school I've been accepted into is Rutgers without funding! What am I supposed to do? I cannot apply to any external funding because the deadlines have all passed, what are my options? Any suggestions will be appreciated!

All initial decisions should be out, FiredUp. However, if last year and 2008 are any indicators, some of us (including yours truly) should be getting follow-up decisions to our current waitlist status at some places. I wish it was over, but until the clock hits midnight on April 15, I'm afraid to say there will still be some more news.

All initial decisions should be out, FiredUp. However, if last year and 2008 are any indicators, some of us (including yours truly) should be getting follow-up decisions to our current waitlist status at some places. I wish it was over, but until the clock hits midnight on April 15, I'm afraid to say there will still be some more news.

I find this disturbing. I don't like it. I don't like it a bit. If it is 11:59:50 PM on April 15th, will you accept an offer in-hand and decline the WL? What, then, will happen if someone at your WL school declines at 11:59:01? I'm reminded of the game of "chicken" in IR.

Curious George,

Yes, I will be attending Mizzou. I couldn't be happier with funding, department fit, and placement.

Ribhsra,

I would honestly wait until next year. Get an internship/job, possibly take some non-degree courses and beef up your applications. Consider asking schools you applied for reasons why your applications did not get accepted and reasons for lack of funding. It's not wise to go unfunded. My ex did and he ranked lower than a master's student in the department. He thought because his parents could afford it, he would do just fine, but departments certainly have a vested interest in funded students first, I believe.