Fall 2010 Admission Results

Still...from what I can tell, UCSD's IR/PS Ph.D has not sent out any rejections or acceptances (only MPIA has). Does anyone know what is going on with them? Their app deadline was back in mid-December.

Edited by allevolve

Still...from what I can tell, UCSD's IR/PS Ph.D has not sent out any rejections or acceptances (only MPIA has). Does anyone know what is going on with them? Their app deadline was back in mid-December.

That's a really bad sign for the department.

Got a funded offer from Hawaii. You guys think its a place to deserve going? Also waiting for funding from KSU of which they told me I was still in the pool. If I also get fund from KSU, which place do you guys think is better? Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks. I am going to refuse offers from LSU and GSU. Hopefully it will help someone in the waitlist.Due to my low GRE in verbal. I have not applied for any high ranking programs. got 4 in 5 programs I applied.

Got a funded offer from Hawaii. You guys think its a place to deserve going? Also waiting for funding from KSU of which they told me I was still in the pool. If I also get fund from KSU, which place do you guys think is better? Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks. I am going to refuse offers from LSU and GSU. Hopefully it will help someone in the waitlist.Due to my low GRE in verbal. I have not applied for any high ranking programs. got 4 in 5 programs I applied.

I'm probably going to offend someone by saying this, but given rough comparability between KSU and Hawaii, I would much rather spend the better part of my twenties in Honolulu, HI, than Manhattan, KS.

Removing location from the equation, I would still go with Hawaii. There are some good people there and it certainly has done a better job at placing students in jobs than Kansas State has. Hawaii is definitely the better choice of those two...

Just emailed Toronto -

All MA waitlisters should hear in the next couple of days

Anyone heard from Minnesota waitlist or Columbia MAO?

I haven't received any news regarding the Minnesota waitlist. When I last spoke with Joanne, she indicated that it wouldn't be surprising if additional offers were made at the 11th hour.

Thanks APgradApplicant: KSU here is Kent:)怂I am thinking of taking GRE again and reapplying next year. But I am tried of this kind of standard exam. So I probably will accept one and go to US. Anyone here will also go to Hawaii?

I wouldn't even consider Kent State if you have an offer from Hawaii. I grew up about 20 minutes from Kent and until you posted it I had no idea that they had a PhD in political science. I just googled the program and it doesn't seem like they have a traditional political science PhD program with standard subfield breakdowns. Also, while Kent is actually a very nice city, Ohio has terrible weather.

Thanks Natofone. Kent State told me they would make funding decision next week. I cant wait until then. I think I will accept Hawaii. By the way,anyone here has been accepted by Institute for Conflict Analysis and Resolution at George Mason University?

I'm sorry!! That sucks. You have some great options, though.

I also got the Minnesota letter, no PhD for me. I did, however get into the Toronto MA about 20 min. after the Minnesota letter came through.

So now the decision is New School (1/2 tuition) MA vs. McGill MA vs. Toronto MA

tough, tough, tough

I also got the Minnesota letter, no PhD for me. I did, however get into the Toronto MA about 20 min. after the Minnesota letter came through.

So now the decision is New School (1/2 tuition) MA vs. McGill MA vs. Toronto MA

tough, tough, tough

Toronto would be funded wouldn't it? I would take that over McGill...

Toronto would be funded wouldn't it? I would take that over McGill...

I emailed to find out about my Toronto status. Official MA admits go out on Friday with more info on funding etc.

I'm still waiting to hear if i get off the Columbia waitlist. anyone planning to turn down a spot there in the next two days??

Columbia had a very difficult time handling files this season. One poster's file was not even reviewed. I would phone tomorrow and ask for a direct answer -- your acceptance could be sitting there with collected dust.

Columbia had a very difficult time handling files this season. One poster's file was not even reviewed. I would phone tomorrow and ask for a direct answer -- your acceptance could be sitting there with collected dust.

Everyone's files were reviewed at Columbia.