Fall 2010 Admission Results

I know that they are probably rejections, and there are other priorities, but it would be great if these schools could go ahead and tell me so I can quit freaking. I mean, don't get me wrong, I hope I have a miracle acceptance from Princeton coming, but it's not highly likely given the history of acceptance/rejection from that program, and I would like to be able to officially shift my focus if I didn't get in.

They don't seem to be doing things the way they have been over the last couple of days, so maybe there is hope. smile.gif

If you really can't bear the wait anymore maybe call?

really curious why Princeton hasn't sent out their rejections yet...

Hi everyone, first time poster here... I emailed the department at Princeton asking whether all successful applicants had already been notified and they answered that the Grad School began sending out letters to all applicants yesterday. It seems that this year rejections and probably waitlists are coming by mail...

Hi everyone, first time poster here... I emailed the department at Princeton asking whether all successful applicants had already been notified and they answered that the Grad School began sending out letters to all applicants yesterday. It seems that this year rejections and probably waitlists are coming by mail...

What a horrendous waste of paper. All decisions should really be sent electronically.

OK, my fellow nail-biting applicants. I feel really badly doing this to poor Ms. Chris Reynolds at UNC-Chapel Hill, because she is a super-nice lady. At the same time, however, I decided I'd feel worse about making all the other UNC applicants on this board continue to suffer (for those that are eager to hear at least...) than making Ms. Reynolds field a few more calls than she might like.

So anyways, called her direct line at the political science department, asked if she'd look up my status (she said I would definitely be wait listed or rejected because, as mentioned before, admits have all been notified weeks ago), and she did. I'm rejected, but that's probably the least surprising piece of news I've gotten throughout this process. So yeah, if you use your nice, pretty please voice, you might be able to find out whether you're in UNC purgatory who just outright rejected.

I actually did call yesterday. Was told the same as others by Berkeley (decisions by the end of the week) and didn't get anybody at Princeton. Sigh. I think this process is the universe's way of teaching me patience.

What a horrendous waste of paper. All decisions should really be sent electronically.

No kidding. There's really no cause for this. In the off chance that somebody missed the email, they could call the department.

This is surprising. From the online application, I got the impression that Princeton was trying to "go green", with the emphasis on electronic transcripts, etc.

This is surprising. From the online application, I got the impression that Princeton was trying to "go green", with the emphasis on electronic transcripts, etc.

Especially since every other year they've sent rejections by email.

This was the answer I got two days ago: "Beginning tomorrow, the Grad School will send out letters to all applicants with the committee's decisions". I was also quite surprised, considering that they used to send emails in the last years.

OK, my fellow nail-biting applicants. I feel really badly doing this to poor Ms. Chris Reynolds at UNC-Chapel Hill, because she is a super-nice lady. At the same time, however, I decided I'd feel worse about making all the other UNC applicants on this board continue to suffer (for those that are eager to hear at least...) than making Ms. Reynolds field a few more calls than she might like.

So anyways, called her direct line at the political science department, asked if she'd look up my status (she said I would definitely be wait listed or rejected because, as mentioned before, admits have all been notified weeks ago), and she did. I'm rejected, but that's probably the least surprising piece of news I've gotten throughout this process. So yeah, if you use your nice, pretty please voice, you might be able to find out whether you're in UNC purgatory who just outright rejected.

Did she mention at all when they might be notifying people whether they were rejected or waitlisted? If the decisions have been made, what are they waiting on?

looks like harvard rejections are out! haven't got mine yet, but i'm eagerly anticipating it

unless of course our old friend is sending out fake rejections to give the rest of us false hope...

edit: they're definitely fake

Edited by interista

Did she mention at all when they might be notifying people whether they were rejected or waitlisted? If the decisions have been made, what are they waiting on?

Good question. No idea what they're waiting on. I didn't get an indication about when she was going to send them out. Sorry.

By the way, for what it's worth (and someone else may have already done this) I called MIT and spoke with the graduate secretary there. She said that they were "a hair away" from being finished with decisions, that they would "start going out next week" and that "the absolute latest anybody will receive news will be at the end of the first week of March". So yeah, sounds like they're doing the same sketchy system as last year.

Edited by APGradApplicant

Good question. No idea what they're waiting on. I didn't get an indication about when she was going to send them out. Sorry.

By the way, for what it's worth (and someone else may have already done this) I called MIT and spoke with the graduate secretary there. She said that they were "a hair away" from being finished with decisions, that they would "start going out next week" and that "the absolute latest anybody will receive news will be at the end of the first week of March". So yeah, sounds like they're doing the same sketchy system as last year.

Hey APGA, I did not apply to the schools you mentioned but I appreciate your initiatives and helpful info for many of us.

looks like harvard rejections are out! haven't got mine yet, but i'm eagerly anticipating it

unless of course our old friend is sending out fake rejections to give the rest of us false hope...

That would be a new twist. Not sure if I prefer it.

I'm glad to have gotten my first acceptance after 4 rejections. I'm in at UMass-Amherst with 14,000 stipend for 20hrs/wk RA or TA position for my first 3 years.

Well done! I'm sure it's a relief to have at least one offer on the table. Amherst is a nice town.

I'm glad to have gotten my first acceptance after 4 rejections. I'm in at UMass-Amherst with 14,000 stipend for 20hrs/wk RA or TA position for my first 3 years.

Congrats! The first acceptance is the best feeling. I'm in at UMass as well with the same offer and nomination for a university fellowship.

I was cool with my first acceptance (especially since I already live nearby), but this unexpected one is throwing me. You mean I get to/have to make a decision? In the end, I may label a couple of Dentabones and let my dog decide. (I'm not diminishing this--I really have a hard time with decisions, even obvious ones.)

Edited by carrar