Fall 2010 Admission Results

Well, I guess what poppory meant was that dropping out of a program (e.g. because the weather sucks and you hate to live there) probably isn´t good for your career either.

That's fine, but my point is this...

If you can't suck up bad weather for 4-5 years, and you hate living in a certain city, I wish you the best in a "down" job market.

I guess no Harvard today... no insider info on when exactly they're notifying?

No insider info on my part, not even one of my schools (with my numbers, the logical choice was to spend $70 on a steak dinner with a special someone rather than on an application to Harvard. Nothing against it though, as my mom went to their business school) smile.gif

Anyways, for some reason this posted before I could finish typing (pressed enter too many times maybe?). What I was going to type is: That said, it does seem that many schools, particularly the Ivy Leagues, have been hewing closely to their patterns from 2009 almost to the day. Last year, Harvard sent out acceptances on Wednesday and Thursday during the last week of February. Perhaps that provides some clues as to what we should expect this year?

Edited by APGradApplicant

No insider info on my part, not even one of my schools (with my numbers, the logical choice was to spend $70 on a steak dinner with a special someone rather than on an application to Harvard. Nothing against it though, as my mom went to their business school) smile.gif

Anyways, for some reason this posted before I could finish typing (pressed enter too many times maybe?). What I was going to type is: That said, it does seem that many schools, particularly the Ivy Leagues, have been hewing closely to their patterns from 2009 almost to the day. Last year, Harvard sent out acceptances on Wednesday and Thursday during the last week of February. Perhaps that provides some clues as to what we should expect this year?

The app fee was actual 105. I still am trying to justified why I spent my money on somewhere I'm not going to get in :P

I agree, UPenn got back exactly at the same time as last year. It is true that Cornell is going to be taking a bit longer than last year by accepting people in March. Funny story, when I called Cornell for a status update, Tina Slater explicitly said all gradcafe result page posts were fake. Good to know they know about the trolls too.

The app fee was actual 105. I still am trying to justified why I spent my money on somewhere I'm not going to get in tongue.gif

I agree, UPenn got back exactly at the same time as last year. It is true that Cornell is going to be taking a bit longer than last year by accepting people in March. Funny story, when I called Cornell for a status update, Tina Slater explicitly said all gradcafe result page posts were fake. Good to know they know about the trolls too.

HAHAHA, wow, I don't why I find that so hilarious. Maybe because I've been tempted to ask a couple of places on different occasions about posts I saw but of course refrained. Thus, to hear that a grad secy at a top-notch program actually mentioned this ridiculously addictive site unprompted is pretty amusing.

In at Harvard. 29 students admitted. Good luck to everyone!

Cycle complete! Congrats on a strong showing this season. You've got a great list of options from which to choose. Best of luck to everyone else waiting to hear from the H-bomb!

Congrats on Harvard! So wait - you already got into Minnesota?

Echoing natofone on that one...there is also a user who doesn't come on very often (I believe pablo is his user name) who got in early in the second week of Feb. Did they tell a few people early?

Mass email with funding information. Personal emails will probably follow, according to my experience with other schools.

Sorry to keep asking questions - Was it a mass email sent at once to everyone (bcc-ed), or a generic email sent out individually?

I'm dying of anxiety lol

Congrats on Harvard! So wait - you already got into Minnesota?

I got into Minnesota in early Feb. I was nominated for a special fellowship, so that might be why I heard back earlier. I got a personal email and phone call from Minnesota.

Good luck waiting for Minnesota's decision!

Edited by applying12010

Haha, so I reached Thom Wall and asked him if all decisions had been sent out. He said "nothing has been sent out at all yet", which is obviously BS since we have two credible, regular posters who just got in. My guess is that the fat lady has sung on this one, but I have no clue and thankfully don't have to stress over it as I didn't apply.

Haha, so I reached Thom Wall and asked him if all decisions had been sent out. He said "nothing has been sent out at all yet", which is obviously BS since we have two credible, regular posters who just got in. My guess is that the fat lady has sung on this one, but I have no clue and thankfully don't have to stress over it as I didn't apply.

To be fair, the email came directly from Professor Nancy Rosenblum, so Thorm Wall might not know that Professor Rosenblum has already sent out the emails.

That makes no sense. What does he have to lose to just say "decisions have been sent out"?

I am thoroughly confused at this point. I am not about to question the credibility of the posters here, but it simply makes no sense. Countless other depts will tell callers that decisions have gone out.

Yeah that is really weird.. Is Thom Wall the only person we could contact?