Adding More Programs to CSDCAS

After researching schools a little bit more, there are a couple on CSDCAS that I'd like to apply to.  One of my letter of recommendation writers has already filled her recommendation out, and the other two I am still waiting on.  Will these letter of recommendations be seen by the additional schools?  Do I need to inform the professors that have recommended me?  Or is it just okay the way it is, I can add the programs, and all will see the letter of rec?  It's so last minute (deadline of 1/15), I don't want my recommenders to think I'm asking more work of them.  Does anyone have any experience with this?

THANKS!!

20 hours ago, jmk said:

You can add as many programs as you want! You don't need to inform your letter writers. It's kind of like transcripts- once the info is uploaded, it is free to be used for any and all programs. 

That's great! I didn't know that. I can add another program or two to my list now :)

I would be wary of adding CSDCAS schools with such a close deadline. LORs and transcripts do not need to be updated, but remember you need to send your GRE scores for each additional school, which takes five business days! Furthermore, it can take a couple of weeks for CSDCAS to verify your application. I say all this because I wanted to apply to Portland State last minute, but in addition to worrying about cutting it close with the CSDCAS verification time, they needed their GRE scores in by January 9th. So you have to watch out for additional deadlines like that too. <_< I'm not saying you shouldn't try to apply to additional schools if you really want to, but just be aware that your materials may not be verified by the 1/15 deadline. 

@kenz if you google "csdcas participating programs", click on the first link, then click on 2016-2017 programs. The color tells you if the app needs to be verified before the deadline or not! Also, I just submit an app and had it verified in around six hours (my concern was also verification before the deadline). Still gives me some anxiety, but I'm hoping the rest can be verified just as fast haha. 

1 hour ago, D_B said:

How do you find out which schools these are?

In the Info/FAQ it says it somewhere, but for an easier find than all the tiny info links on CSDCAS I usually just google it: CSDCAS color code, and it's the first thing that shows up.