NEXT WEEK IS IT!

digits2006

After looking at all my schools through the results section, I have found out that next week is D Day. If I am accepted or interviewed anywhere, I will find out by the end of next week. Most of my schools had Jan 15 deadlines so I feel like a lot of other people on this forum is next week. This being said, next week is GOING TO BE THE LONGEST WEEK EVER. On my desk I have written out all the area codes for all the schools. I am hoping that I see one of those numbers next week. I am wondering if I should check this forum more next week or less. I guess it just depends if I am being contacted or not. GOOD luck everyone!

Cheers for being in the same boat! I totally did the area code list thing too...big yellow Post-It! :lol:

I'm wondering if I should let it go to voice mail so I'm not caught off-guard and flustered by a surprise interview? I don't think anyone would hold a missed call against you (after all, people have jobs and classes and bathroom breaks), but I still don't know if I could resist picking up the phone!

I didn't pick up a call yesterday because it was from the same area code as one of my schools and I wasn't prepared for an on-the-spot phone interview. Turns out it was about a freelance writing gig. Oops.

And yes, I am struggling to refrain from calling the grad departments and politely asking whether or not decisions have been made yet. Bad idea... right?

Definitely a bad idea. They'll notify you when they've made a decision; you don't want to annoy them in the meantime.

Exactly why I haven't called. Thank you!

I don't think it matters at all. You don't really have to introduce yourself and you will be speaking with a secretary. Just say you are a prospective applicant who would like to find out when they are releasing decisions. They have no reason to secretive about it. I haven't called any departments personally, but wouldn't hesitate if I had a question.

You really are the paying customer here.

After looking at all my schools through the results section, I have found out that next week is D Day. If I am accepted or interviewed anywhere, I will find out by the end of next week. Most of my schools had Jan 15 deadlines so I feel like a lot of other people on this forum is next week. This being said, next week is GOING TO BE THE LONGEST WEEK EVER. On my desk I have written out all the area codes for all the schools. I am hoping that I see one of those numbers next week. I am wondering if I should check this forum more next week or less. I guess it just depends if I am being contacted or not. GOOD luck everyone!

Haha, I checked mine last week and none of my schools notified before MARCH. I've got a ways to go.

Haha, I checked mine last week and none of my schools notified before MARCH. I've got a ways to go.

I'm also not expecting to hear anything until march, and I am SO JEALOUS of those of you who will hear earlier. One of the most painful things about waiting last year was that my fiance was getting accepted in January, while I knew there would be no news, good or bad, until late February at the absolute earliest.

February = longest. month. ever.

Ugh.

After sending in my last application 8 days ago, all of sudden time is going.... slooooooowwwwwwwwww. DAMMIT!

It better pick up pace in the next week for us to move into February! Being second-timer isn't any easier than being a first-timer!

Hmm, according to the results search here, University of Illinois has already started notifying some people for acceptance to my program. I haven't gotten anything yet (which I assume at least means that they don't think I'm one of ther most incredible, stellar applicants). No other school to which I applied seems to have started notifying people for CS PhD programs yet, but judging by last year's results, they should start in a week or two at most...

Ugh.

After sending in my last application 8 days ago, all of sudden time is going.... slooooooowwwwwwwwww. DAMMIT!

It better pick up pace in the next week for us to move into February! Being second-timer isn't any easier than being a first-timer!

8 days ago.. You are pretty lucky. My deadlines were all in early December. I have been obsessing since then.