NEXT WEEK IS IT!

digits2006

Ugh.

After sending in my last application 8 days ago, all of sudden time is going.... slooooooowwwwwwwwww. DAMMIT!

It better pick up pace in the next week for us to move into February! Being second-timer isn't any easier than being a first-timer!

yeah - i wish there were some other programs i could apply to just to keep myself busy unsure.gif

Cheers for being in the same boat! I totally did the area code list thing too...big yellow Post-It! laugh.gif

I'm wondering if I should let it go to voice mail so I'm not caught off-guard and flustered by a surprise interview? I don't think anyone would hold a missed call against you (after all, people have jobs and classes and bathroom breaks), but I still don't know if I could resist picking up the phone!

I've been told to ignore calls by my advisor, other professors, grad students, etc. etc. etc. so that you don't sound all flustered and excited. Give yourself time to do a happy dance and freak out a little that you're being contacted (after all, getting your existence acknowledged is half the battle) and then call them back. If you do answer, chat for a couple of minutes and then say you have to go to work/class/whatever and ask if you could set up a different time to talk further when you are both available.

Yeah I might not answer because my phone has been messing up lately. I would get their number and call from a land line phone so I know my phone wont restart on me. I am doing an internship with a Judge. I was on the phone with him when my phone restarted itself. I called him back, then it lost the call. I would not want that to happen when I am on the phone with a graduate school.

Yeah I might not answer because my phone has been messing up lately. I would get their number and call from a land line phone so I know my phone wont restart on me. I am doing an internship with a Judge. I was on the phone with him when my phone restarted itself. I called him back, then it lost the call. I would not want that to happen when I am on the phone with a graduate school.

This is exactly why I didn't give my cell phone number. :)

Urggh, I hate my phone.

yeah - i wish there were some other programs i could apply to just to keep myself busy unsure.gif

Precisely why I was actually happy about my selection of schools this year- deadlines spread out between December 1st and January 15th! And I really did intend to work on each one of them at a time, and work on the January 15th last and put in around that time. Then I would have *supposedly* three weeks to wait. Except I feel like this is back-firing.

I have now decided that this week is going to suck! I now feel like I will not receive any calls or emails this week. Oh well. One school has already started calling candidates, and I was not one. :( Luckily I have a busy semester ( including internship with Judges. I guess my life is better than the people in the courtroom) and it will help keep my mind off things.

And the week is almost over :(

Hey! We made it! A couple weeks down! We can do it! Thankfully the time doesn't actually stop even though it does feel like it.

I'm probably going to have to wait until March to find out from most of my programs. I've become so paranoid and suspicious of everything. Here's an example. I was emailing a prof to send in his last 2 letters and he never got back to me. I thought he just didn't get the email. So when I was at work, I happened to see him in his office and asked if he would be there in 20 min after I was done. He said yes and when I went back, his door was closed. I thought he left on purpose and that he had been avoiding me all along. I was convinced he found out something about me that made him not want to complete the letters for me. So I started banging really hard on his door, and then he suddenly opened it, wide-eyed and clutching the phone to his chest. I must have looked insane. I was so mortified by it and realized at that point that I am going off the deep end.

He still hasn't done the last two letters though, so maybe I'm not so crazy after all....

Precisely why I was actually happy about my selection of schools this year- deadlines spread out between December 1st and January 15th! And I really did intend to work on each one of them at a time, and work on the January 15th last and put in around that time. Then I would have *supposedly* three weeks to wait. Except I feel like this is back-firing.

Yeah I did that too deadlines from Dec. 1st through Jan. 15. Except now my Jan. 15th school just called me and invited me to interview! Great but I haven't heard from more then half of the Dec. deadline schools Including my first choice). Talk about making the anxiety worse instead of better!!!

I am also expecting to hear some (hopefully good) news this week and next week. Both of the schools I interviewed at said to expect a response by mid-February, but I'm hoping they made up their minds more quickly :)