Hey!  Is this just for materials or is biomedical allowed too? lol

Anyway, I have been accepted at VCU, NC State/UNC, and Carnegie and have interviews at Duke and Hopkins.  I have turned down VCU and NC State, as they were my back up schools.  I am considering turning down Duke, but will interview first so I can see the school.  That leaves a choice between Hopkins and Carnegie, which will be more difficult to make.  Will keep you posted!

Edited by dbm3252

1 hour ago, dbm3252 said:

Hey!  Is this just for materials or is biomedical allowed too? lol

Anyway, I have been accepted at VCU, NC State/UNC, and Carnegie and have interviews at Duke and Hopkins.  I have turned down VCU and NC State, as they were my back up schools.  I am considering turning down Duke, but will interview first so I can see the school.  That leaves a choice between Hopkins and Carnegie, which will be more difficult to make.  Will keep you posted!

Both! I feel like there are a lot of people that applied to both programs. That's awesome you have heard back from so many schools! I've only heard from Carnegie!

I'm debating between UChicago IME, Northwestern MSE, and Harvard Materials/Mechanical Engineering. I'm very curious about UChicago's program since it's so new. I've been combing old threads for information, but I think I'll really only be able to decide after visiting :)

What is everyone considering when making a decision? For me, I'm looking mostly at PI/research fit and student placement after graduation. I know I want to leave academia, so it's really important to me that there are flexible and numerous exit options.

1 hour ago, meggied said:

Both! I feel like there are a lot of people that applied to both programs. That's awesome you have heard back from so many schools! I've only heard from Carnegie!

Were you at the biomedical recruitment weekend at Carnegie last week?  If so, I was the guy there with the hat lol.

42 minutes ago, fancyfeast said:

I'm debating between UChicago IME, Northwestern MSE, and Harvard Materials/Mechanical Engineering. I'm very curious about UChicago's program since it's so new. I've been combing old threads for information, but I think I'll really only be able to decide after visiting :)

What is everyone considering when making a decision? For me, I'm looking mostly at PI/research fit and student placement after graduation. I know I want to leave academia, so it's really important to me that there are flexible and numerous exit options.

I am considering the same things, but with an opposite goal.  I want to go into academia, so professors that have students who are now professors as well is a big draw for me.

8 hours ago, seaslugs said:

Does IME still have the crazy high stipend? Last year it was 37K base

I had to check because I couldn't remember but it looks like this year it's gone down to 32K, which is comparable to what Northwestern offers. Still not too bad!

• 1 month later...

hii, i have applied for M.Eng in Mechanical engineering in University of alberta and it has been 3 weeks each time i log in to check my bear tracks it shows me that" application complete and decision pending" does anyone have any idea anyone applying for the same program?? please reply